• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Tractors in the surf

New posts

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Any ideas why the heavy machinery is out in the surf?

destincam.jpg


I ususally like to take a look at the live destincam.com webcam and this is what I saw this morning. If you take a look at the series of photos it appears they are pulling something up on the beach. :idontno:
 
Looks like the pipes from Libery Island dredge involved in the nourishment project. Not sure where the cam is but last I heard they were still working in Walco. Also I would think they'd have the area blocked off.
 
kurt said:
Looks like the pipes from Libery Island dredge involved in the nourishment project. Not sure where the cam is but last I heard they were still working in Walco. Also I would think they'd have the area blocked off.

Normally, I would agree, but I think that particular cam is in Okaloosa County somewhere near Henderson Beach. I thought the re-nourishment began at Miramar and ran to roughly the edge of Topsail Hill SP.
 
The camera use to be off a condo right near Capt Dave's on the border by Okaloosa and Walton. Don't know if it still there - you could see it attached to the house when I walked that area of beach.
 
When I drove by there on Thursday, I saw the guys working with plenty of pipe on the beach, but they were not pumping sand. Pipe, heavy yellow equipment and sunbathers were everywhere. Nothing was blocked off.
 
http://www.protectwaltoncountybeaches.com/wwcb-WeeklyUpdate.asp

Week of May 22nd
  • Construction is expected to be underway through Costa del Sol , Mediterranea, Pompano Joe's Restaurant, and into the Miramar Beach Access area nearing completion of the western segment of the third landing
Week of May 29th

  • At the completion of the third landing, construction will begin moving eastward from the fourth landing area which is near the Walton County/Okaloosa County Line.
  • Construction is expected to be moving eastward from the fourth landing past Maravilla toward Avalon Beach Estates
Week of June 5th

  • Construction is expected to be completed in the Miramar Beach Access and Pompano Joe's restaurant area completing the Walton County portion of the project.
  • At the completion of the eastern segment of this landing, construction of the project will continue westward into the City of Destin .
 
There is still something in the water here. Whatever it is seems to be leaking oil. Yet, there is sits with no one seeming to care.

destincam.bmp
 
I'm glad I'm not sitting on that beach for a week..........kind of ruins the serenity of the beach :roll:
 
JB said:
There is still something in the water here. Whatever it is seems to be leaking oil. Yet, there is sits with no one seeming to care.

destincam.bmp

JB, that is the pipe and the pipe is not leaking oil.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top