• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

traffic

New posts
From everything i gather, it seems it would make sense for me to live east of Sandestin and not west. I really enjoyed everything up and down 30-a while i was there, i wonder how far east down 30-a i could live and still be within a 30 minute commute to Sandestin/Grand Blvd?
another thing to consider, i'm a 30 yr old single male who would like to occasionally have something to do after 9 pm, is there any neighborhood/area that seems to appeal to someone like me?

Definitely live east of Sandestin. To ensure your commute is less than 30 minutes, I recommend staying west of 395. Can't help you with the single hot spots. The only thing I could recommend is to stay close to Grayton and the Red Bar.

The traffic during "season" can get bad, but nothing like the big cities. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you have to commute to FWB every day.
 
Last edited:
A bad day stuck in traffic in the 30-A area, is better than a good day stuck in traffic where I live. :cool:
 
OMG, that is hilarious! :funn: Is this a common complaint from the area males? Have not noticed, but I guess I am more likely to be looking somewhere besides other women's pits :biggrin:.

I don't know, obviously from my name you might get that I wouldn't be staring at women's underarms either. However, some of the gulls out there have hair that just reaches out and :wave:.
 
OMG, that is hilarious! :funn: Is this a common complaint from the area males? Have not noticed, but I guess I am more likely to be looking somewhere besides other women's pits :biggrin:.
What's wrong with hippie chicks? :idontno: I really never understood why women shave their pits. Who was the first to do that and what made them think to do it?
 
I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it, I just thought it was a funny flip side to my "got teeth" question.

Don't have a name for the first woman to use a razor or other method, but I think it might have been the ancient Egyptians who started the "bald is beautiful" trend.
 
It probably had to do with the nobility separating itself from the peasantry. Maybe having leisure time to smooth legs and pits was a status symbol. The opposite was true in Mexican culture I have read. The indigenous Indians were mostly hairless (arms, legs, etc...), so the Mexican upper class women didn't shave those areas so as to differentiate.
 
Don't know what is worse - the fact that I just read the Wikipedia entry on hair removal to answer the perspiration (yes it can)/egyptian (for bugs) question (so many things I didn't EVER need to know on there) or that we went from traffic issues to armpits in such a sort time frame. :idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top