• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Trash left on Seaside beach

New posts
I've been known to ask a group of people to take their garbage with them when I noticed them packing up and intending to leave it. Yes, their arms were full, but they got it down there, they can take it back up.
 
A diplomatic way

Ask the groups you see packing up to leave the beach if you can help them remove their stuff, as it will be picked up discarded if left. You seem like a nice guy and it gets the message across too. I am guessing most will "get it" and not actually have you carry anything for them! When you see a pile of cans or whatever, tell the folks how much the rest of the community appreciates it when litter is picked up and placed in a county trash can. You can even say where the nearest can is located. Do it with a SMILE.
 
Definitely!!! I've offered and have taken others trash with me when I leave the beach. I keep garbage bags in the SUV and since I drive on the beach it is easier to transport it. No big deal to be helpful. When it is blatant and careless I will speak up and not be so accommodating.
 
I'm sorry, but I thought jet skis were not allowed on our beaches? :idontno:

Personally a little kick to send them out would probably be in order, or if you not that into the vigilanty thing, just walk right over them with sandy feet. Make it a kids activity and decorate them with seaweed, sand, and shells.
 
Ask the groups you see packing up to leave the beach if you can help them remove their stuff, as it will be picked up discarded if left. You seem like a nice guy and it gets the message across too. I am guessing most will "get it" and not actually have you carry anything for them! When you see a pile of cans or whatever, tell the folks how much the rest of the community appreciates it when litter is picked up and placed in a county trash can. You can even say where the nearest can is located. Do it with a SMILE.

This is really nice. I don't know if I would be able to do it though. Just reading this thread is making me mad enough. What is wrong with some people?!? :pissed:

I have been blessed with some wonderful and gracious renters, so I know it is not everyone -- not by a long shot. But still! It rankles.
 
I'm sorry, but I thought jet skis were not allowed on our beaches? :idontno:

Personally a little kick to send them out would probably be in order, or if you not that into the vigilanty thing, just walk right over them with sandy feet. Make it a kids activity and decorate them with seaweed, sand, and shells.

I agree SWGB.... I would probably have to push them a bit to the south and out of my way.;-)
 
I'm sorry, but I thought jet skis were not allowed on our beaches? :idontno:

Personally a little kick to send them out would probably be in order, or if you not that into the vigilanty thing, just walk right over them with sandy feet. Make it a kids activity and decorate them with seaweed, sand, and shells.

Cover it with a sand castle..........

I do not like those things either. It makes me nervous when they are near the shore where people are swimming. It's like doing doughnuts in a parking lot full of people. And it is usually a teen at the helm.......very scary.
 
Commercial jet ski rental is not allowed, but if you have the land owners permission and can drag/wheel it down to the water, you can ride it. However, if you don't go very very slow thru the surf and ride it past the second sand bar the sheriff's office will have a few words for you.
 
it makes me mad also that people litter the beaches,I hate litter anywhere. I could never just let my window down and throw stuff out like some do.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top