• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Triathlon in October?

New posts

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Assuming we decide to brave all the sharks, hurricanes, yellow flies, rabid dogs, and 100-plus degree temperatures that we all know occur throughout the month of October :biggrin: ...

My husband heard there is a triathlon in the area (or maybe Destin or PCB?) in October. Anyone have dates, location, further info?

Thanks in advance! :D
 
You've got a couple to pick from.

Destin Crab Trap- sprint distance. Not USAT, but still very well run. (I think the McSheehys got sick of dealing with the USAT paperwork) According to an e-mail I just got, they're close to selling out. Lots of local racers. Hopefully we'll get better weather this year.

http://www.multisport.com/

Emerald Coast Sprint #4- Panama City Beach. USAT. Also pretty low key. The complaints I hear about the course is that you have to be very careful on the bike because of all the driveway cuts and traffic on course.


http://www.emeraldcoastevents.com/tri_info.htm

Sunny Hills Sprint- first year race north of PCB. Since it's not a beach race, you'll probably not have as interesting of a swim, but a much better bike course.

http://www.sunnyhillscaiai.org/

Rumor has it that Ironman Florida is a go for 2006 if anyone's interested in the really long stuff. (Not for me though. I liked doing Gulf Coast, but I have no desire to go twice that far)
 
Perfect. I'll pass it along to him. Thanks beachmouse! :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top