JB
Beach Fanatic
ls2006vacay said:JB,
In my humble opinion, you are a jerk for saying that budget seems to be an issue with me.
You're right. It is. The amount we spent to visit Grayton is a lot of money to people like us.
We spent about the same amount to visit last year. We stayed at Blue Mountain.
It was our 2nd trip to cafe 30-a, and it was the 2nd time that it underwhelmed us. The service was excellent. The FOOD was not.
And yes, Red Bar's crab cakes are bad. Maybe they're good for that area, just like Cocoon's BBQ might be good for that area but not stand up in Memphis. (For the record, I did not make it to Cocoon's, so I am not saying anything negative about it, just repeating what I read on this board).
I'm sorry I said bad things about your "sacred" restaurants. We enjoyed GREATLY everything about Red Bar exCEPT for the crabcakes. We ate there AGAIN after having bad crabcakes there. We just didn't order crabcakes.
I think the regular posters and locals on this board should be more careful about antagonizing the tourists, especially if you own rental properties.
Then again, if you own a million dollar house in Grayton, you don't need my weekly rental fee, do you.
![]()
Good God. Have you missed your meds today? I don't see how my last post could have been any more polite. Heck, I am on a budget when I visit as well. That's why we visit during the spring and fall when the rates are reasonable. How could you possibly take offense to that? No one is "antagonizing" you. Sheesh. Just asking a few questions and to be honest, trying to give some advice.
to SoWal. I for one am glad you and your family came to visit us. Ignore the negative posters. Some people are just cranky!
