• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Trouble finding canned pumpkin?

New posts

Beach Runner

beats on hood
Yesterday I did my Thanksgiving grocery shopping. I had trouble finding canned pumpkin. The manager at Publix told me about the shortage that I had not heard about. Yikes! I always make pumpkin muffins for Thanskgiving morning. I decided to try Kroger. Where pumpkin should have been was a sign that said, "Don't worry about not finding canned pumpkin. We have pumpkin pies in the bakery section!" The department manager just happened to be standing there. I asked her if she knew anywhere in town I good find it, and she said no, from what she'd heard from customers.

Then as I was leaving the store, I walked by the organic section and saw canned pumpkin. Score!

Just a suggestion for those of you having the same problem.:wave:

Note to self in Outlook: next year buy all non-perishables at least a week before Thanksgiving.
 
BR, we had the same problem here in Chicago. We had a big "pumpkin" event/fundraiser at our church in October and people were to bring pumpkin cakes, pies, muffins, etc., to sell. It was a real job searching for canned pumpkin.
 
My wife has complained about not finding it either. We were at a friend's house last night and she said she found it at Super Wal-Mart. When we left their house we went directly there. My wife grabbed the last 4 cans. She was thrilled. Now we can have pumkin pie and whipped cream.
 
I bought some canned Organic Pumpkin at For The Health Of It yesterday. They had a nice display of canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie mix, canned sweet potato puree, cranberry sauce and all the Holiday treats. Plus they are local and give to many of the local charities. Peter always treats us as if we are family.
 
Thankfully, no problem here. I had a can on hand, and bought another the other day. No shortage that I noticed. :clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top