• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

TS Alberto

New posts
Re: Trouble in the Tropics...

TooFarTampa said:
Too bad champion blogger Jeff Masters is on vacation.

Jeff Masters is the best. He provides factual info from someone who knows the topic intimately. And more importantly, he can speculate intelligently without being sensational. He called the need to evacuate New Orleans on Tues or Wed, if I recall correctly. I've been enjoying his series excerpting his recent interview in the Ft. Walton paper.
 
Re: Trouble in the Tropics...

TreeFrog said:
Jeff Masters is the best. He provides factual info from someone who knows the topic intimately. And more importantly, he can speculate intelligently without being sensational. He called the need to evacuate New Orleans on Tues or Wed, if I recall correctly. I've been enjoying his series excerpting his recent interview in the Ft. Walton paper.

That interview is published on the web site I noticed.
 
Re: Trouble in the Tropics...

Wish we could get some rain from it. But it looks as if it is not going to be coming up our direction. Pooh!
 
Re: Trouble in the Tropics...

Smiling JOe said:
Here is a link to the real time infrared loop of the storm.
Here is a link to the real time water vapor loop of the storm -- quite cool to look at.[/QUOT


These are cool sites SJ, we are headed to Cape San Blas on the 16th, I hope all is well by then :roll:
 
Re: Trouble in the Tropics...

:eek: TD One, please go east...we need the rain, but I don't need to be driving through you on my way back to SoWal on Tuesday... :roll:
 
Re: Trouble in the Tropics...

Now reached tropical storm status. We could use a little rain, but our beaches cannot take a pounding!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top