The map on post # 9 is a link, so it remains updated. Windspeed is in the top right corner.ladydebubba60 said:What are they showing the wind speed at now? I know it had to be at 39mph to be given a name.

oldbowler said:So how's the weather there? It appears some of the radar loops show the cloud cover is starting to reach land. Any views of this weather from land yet?
When I left the beach today, I would guess the wave height to be around 4 ft, and I did receive a light shower around 730am this morning. I have pics, but I have not looked at them yet. As Tree says, the weather has picked up, and the flags are now flying red. Surf is still not great yet, but the surfers expect it to pick up around sunset or maybe later tonight.TreeFrog said:It's partly cloudy all day, with what looks like a line of showers looming, then disappearing. The wind picked up about 4PM, and now it's cooler with a gusty but pleasant wind that has broken the hot stillness from earlier in the day. Not a drop of the much-needed rain yet. Surf's coming up too. Whitecaps to the horizon, although wave heights at the beach are still only about 2 feet or so.