• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

U.S.A. v U.S.A.

New posts

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Would this work for us? :blush:


Subject: Suggested Divorce Settlement of the USA v USA

American liberals, leftists, social progressives, socialists, Marxists
And Obama supporters, et al: vs. anyone with good common sense.


We have stuck together since the late1950's, but the whole of this latest election process has made me realize that I want a divorce. I know we tolerated each other for many years for the sake of future generations, but sadly, this relationship has run its course.

Our two ideological sides of America cannot and will not ever agree on what is right so let's just end it on friendly terms. We can smile and chalk it up to irreconcilable differences and go our own way.

Here is a model separation agreement:

Our two groups can equitably divide up the country by landmass each taking a portion. That will be the difficult part, but I am sure our two sides can come to a friendly agreement. After that, it should be relatively easy! Our respective representatives can
Effortlessly divide other assets since both sides have such distinct and disparate tastes.

We don't like redistributive taxes so you can keep them. You are welcome to the liberal judges and the ACLU. Since you hate guns and war, we'll take our firearms, the cops, the NRA and the military.
You can keep Oprah, Michael Moore and Rosie
O'Donnell (You are, however, responsible for finding a bio-diesel vehicle
big enough to move all three of them).

We'll keep the capitalism, greedy corporations, pharmaceutical companies, Wal-Mart and Wall Street. You can have your beloved homeless, homeboys, hippies and illegal aliens.
We'll keep the hot Alaskan hockey moms, greedy CEO's and rednecks.. We'll keep the Bibles and give you NBC and Hollywood ..
You can make nice with Iran and Palestine and we'll retain the right to invade and hammer places that threaten us..
You can have the peaceniks and war protesters. When our allies or our way of life are under assault, we'll help provide them security.
We'll keep our Judeo-Christian values...
You are welcome to Islam, Scientology, Humanism and Shirley McClain.. You can also have the U.N.. But we will no longer be paying the bill.
We'll keep the SUVs, pickup trucks and oversized luxury cars. You can take every Subaru station wagon you can find.
You can give everyone healthcare if you can find any practicing doctors. We'll continue to believe healthcare is a luxury and not a right. We'll keep The Battle Hymn of the Republic and the National Anthem. I'm sure you'll be happy to substitute Imagine, I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing, Kum Ba Ya or We Are the World.
We'll practice trickle down economics and you can give trickle up poverty your best shot. Since it often so offends you, we'll keep our history, our name and our flag.
Would you agree to this? If so, please pass it along to other like minded liberal and conservative patriots and if you do not agree, just hit delete. In the spirit of friendly parting, I'll bet you Answer which one of us will need whose help in 15 years.

Sincerely,
John J. Wall
Law Student and an American

P.S. Also, please take Ted Turner, Sean
Penn, Martin Sheen, Barbara Streisand, &
Jane Fonda with you.
 
I think there are many of us for an amicable dissolution. But let's not forget that there is at least one more party in these proceedings-

Folks who don't identify with extremism on either side but rather whose views are more issue based. I believe this makes up the majority of the US. This is where the common sense really resides.
 
I think there are many of us for an amicable dissolution. But let's not forget that there is at least one more party in these proceedings-

Folks who don't identify with extremism on either side but rather whose views are more issue based. I believe this makes up the majority of the US. This is where the common sense really resides.

you are totally correct! take a look at the audience this was intended to address and the audience it was intended to berate:

American liberals, leftists, social progressives, socialists, Marxists
And Obama supporters, et al: vs. anyone with good common sense.
if there are any marxists or socialists around here, I have never met them.

this is the kind of email I'm used to getting from certain people and I just hit delete without looking.it really serves no good purpose, is not helpful or positive in any way. it makes it look like people and issues are extreme, black and white. that is not reality.
 
Last edited:
you are totally correct! take a look at the audience this was intended to address and the audience it was intended to berate:



this is the kind of email I'm used to getting from certain people and I just hit delete without looking. I NEVER get such emails from the left - EVER. I've awlays wondered why that is so.

I don't either. :idontno: I don't recall reading them posted anywhere either.

You know, we could start small. We could start by dividing up the political forum into three parts:

1) A place for all the emails and cartoons and whatnot.
2) A place to post random insults, flames and hyperbole, limited to a Twitter-like 140 characters each.
3) A place for substantive discussion.

There! Everyone would be happy! :blush:
 
Sunspotbaby! No divorce necessary if you model yourself after Arnold and Maria. If those two can be happy, so can USA and USA. :clap:
 
I like it TFT!
I don't! Leave the political forum alone. It is one of the only places an old geezer like me can have any fun anymore. The only regret I have is that I am not computer literate enough to post pictures, links to articles and other neat things and I'm too lazy to learn how. Once again, leave the political forum alone and if you want to classify some forum, try the Lounge.
 
Would this work for us? :blush:


Subject: Suggested Divorce Settlement of the USA v USA

American liberals, leftists, social progressives, socialists, Marxists
And Obama supporters, et al: vs. anyone with good common sense.


We have stuck together since the late1950's, but the whole of this latest election process has made me realize that I want a divorce. I know we tolerated each other for many years for the sake of future generations, but sadly, this relationship has run its course.

Our two ideological sides of America cannot and will not ever agree on what is right so let's just end it on friendly terms. We can smile and chalk it up to irreconcilable differences and go our own way.

Here is a model separation agreement:

Our two groups can equitably divide up the country by landmass each taking a portion. That will be the difficult part, but I am sure our two sides can come to a friendly agreement. After that, it should be relatively easy! Our respective representatives can
Effortlessly divide other assets since both sides have such distinct and disparate tastes.

We don't like redistributive taxes so you can keep them. You are welcome to the liberal judges and the ACLU. Since you hate guns and war, we'll take our firearms, the cops, the NRA and the military.
You can keep Oprah, Michael Moore and Rosie
O'Donnell (You are, however, responsible for finding a bio-diesel vehicle
big enough to move all three of them).

We'll keep the capitalism, greedy corporations, pharmaceutical companies, Wal-Mart and Wall Street. You can have your beloved homeless, homeboys, hippies and illegal aliens.
We'll keep the hot Alaskan hockey moms, greedy CEO's and rednecks.. We'll keep the Bibles and give you NBC and Hollywood ..
You can make nice with Iran and Palestine and we'll retain the right to invade and hammer places that threaten us..
You can have the peaceniks and war protesters. When our allies or our way of life are under assault, we'll help provide them security.
We'll keep our Judeo-Christian values...
You are welcome to Islam, Scientology, Humanism and Shirley McClain.. You can also have the U.N.. But we will no longer be paying the bill.
We'll keep the SUVs, pickup trucks and oversized luxury cars. You can take every Subaru station wagon you can find.
You can give everyone healthcare if you can find any practicing doctors. We'll continue to believe healthcare is a luxury and not a right. We'll keep The Battle Hymn of the Republic and the National Anthem. I'm sure you'll be happy to substitute Imagine, I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing, Kum Ba Ya or We Are the World.
We'll practice trickle down economics and you can give trickle up poverty your best shot. Since it often so offends you, we'll keep our history, our name and our flag.
Would you agree to this? If so, please pass it along to other like minded liberal and conservative patriots and if you do not agree, just hit delete. In the spirit of friendly parting, I'll bet you Answer which one of us will need whose help in 15 years.

Sincerely,
John J. Wall
Law Student and an American

P.S. Also, please take Ted Turner, Sean
Penn, Martin Sheen, Barbara Streisand, &
Jane Fonda with you.
redneck taliban
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top