• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Upcoming Auctions

New posts
Auctions work when there is high demand and low supply.

Get all the potential buyers together in one room and let 'em
duke-it-out.

Auctions do not work when there is low demand and high
supply.

As I have said before: Been there and done that.
 
OK Ohio Girl and others on this thread. Lets give Chris Camp and Roebuck the opportunity to prove that this auction is a worthwhile event. I suggest we ask Roebuck Auctions to post the addresses of the homes that are going to be auctioned in SoWal with indication as to which ones are going to be absolute auctions, and/or information regarding minimum bids. By my tally there are up to 46 homes for auction on Nov17th. They can post the SoWal properties here or on their website. If they are not willing to do so one might seriously question whether it is an auction or "alternate" real estate marketing practice.

Smiling Joe, are you able to name the "Attorney" in question on this board?
I don't see why not. Anyone could look up the ownership of the properties to be auctioned. However, I don't think it should make any difference as to who the seller happens to be. The seller isn't being auctioned, just the properties.
 
Thanks Babyblue. 1 Home and 6 lots are listed as "SELLING ABSOLUTE!"

Breakdown is 2/3 lots at auction in Cottages at Eastern Lake, 1/4 off E. Point Washington Rd, there are also 3 lots that are bay or canal front on absolute auction.

The other properties say "ORDERED SOLD!". What does this mean?

Roebuck Auctions is doing a better job than some other companies, and while some posters on this board feel it still would not be a "real auction", publishing minimal acceptable bids might engage more buyers (and thus help the sellers move the properties).

I believe, "ordered sold" is a marketing tool. Perhaps the seller placed the order to sell the properties.

As for publishing the minimum acceptable bid, the auction companies don't do that. They do sometimes publish or announce the minimum opening bid, but that has nothing to do with whether or not the seller will accept it at that price. Just another reason why I laugh when I read an ad in the newspaper, "New lowered minimum bid for auction!"
 
I believe, "ordered sold" is a marketing tool. Perhaps the seller placed the order to sell the properties.

As for publishing the minimum acceptable bid, the auction companies don't do that. They do sometimes publish or announce the minimum opening bid, but that has nothing to do with whether or not the seller will accept it at that price. Just another reason why I laugh when I read an ad in the newspaper, "New lowered minimum bid for auction!"


As PAG pointed out that is what is making this auction have some sizzle and will be a first for around here. The published minimum bids are the bare minimum of what the seller will accept. I showed all 4 of my referred properties today that are going to this auction, these are great deals and we are encouraging pre-auction offers.
 
As PAG pointed out that is what is making this auction have some sizzle and will be a first for around here. The published minimum bids are the bare minimum of what the seller will accept. I showed all 4 of my referred properties today that are going to this auction, these are great deals and we are encouraging pre-auction offers.

Joe, I like this Roebuck auction due to the number of units available and the absolutes.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top