• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Upscale Shopping Center (Destin)

New posts
Dabell said:
I want to see a Neiman-Marcus on the panhandle! Then let's talk!
You mean Needless Mark-up? ;-)

Taubman is the development group which built the upscale Cherry Creek mall close to where we live here in Denver. It has served us well of the years.
Of course, now that we are leaving the state, they are finally opening a Nordstrom's there.

It is hard for me to imagine that kind of shopping anywhere on the Panhandle, but I suppose if they build it, people will come.
 
Cil said:
You mean Needless Mark-up? ;-)

Taubman is the development group which built the upscale Cherry Creek mall close to where we live here in Denver. It has served us well of the years.
Of course, now that we are leaving the state, they are finally opening a Nordstrom's there.

It is hard for me to imagine that kind of shopping anywhere on the Panhandle, but I suppose if they build it, people will come.

Personally, I can't see NM in the Panhandle...maybe a Last Call Outlet, but maybe you are right...if they build it?

I rmember Cherry Creek Mall from way back...they used to have a toy store with a ferris wheel on the roof (?) and a place to get delicious hot fudge sundaes. My relatives lived in Aurora and visiting them was always a highlight in my childhood!
 
That mall in Destin IS OVER Priced and I never found good name brands. Even a few smaller stores a cross the street has High prices for low end stuff. I don't shop in Destin for clothes.
 
Dabell said:
They NEED those kind of stores to attract the kind of people that would pay for what some of those stores are selling......

And just what kind of people might that be attracting?
 
:lolabove:

Do you mean Silver Sands?

A couple of good treks each year to the Vanity Fair / Lee outlet in Graceville serves us well. I hear there is more in Foley, but I haven't been there yet. :cool:
 
Dabell said:
The ones that can afford to buy my home lololol


Did I miss something? I thought you were checking out schools in anticipation of moving into your 2nd home. Or will you put both homes up for sale and see which sells - and that makes your decision for you?

Either way, I hope it all works out for you.
 
Rita said:
Did I miss something? I thought you were checking out schools in anticipation of moving into your 2nd home. Or will you put both homes up for sale and see which sells - and that makes your decision for you?

Either way, I hope it all works out for you.

I was kidding! I can sell hands down my house here on Long Isalnd. But if I did move to FL, I would need something bigger than what I have, to fit my NY stuff in it. My place is VERY BRIGHT and different than most places in Sowal, Great to visit but, I would want something different to live in all year round. And I would Never Sell my house On Long Island, It's worth to keep. ;-)
 
A lot of stores in Silver Sands are pretty seasonal with their pricing. We don't even really bother to shop there in the summer because their prices for everything are higher then. But you can hit some decent to excellent sales in October-November (kind of compensates for the running of sharks and jellyfish that time of year) and then again in winter once the Christmas retail season wraps up.

But then I'm easy to please. Give me $60 leather Coach bags, and I'll be happy.
 
Sueshore said:
Personally, I can't see NM in the Panhandle...maybe a Last Call Outlet, but maybe you are right...if they build it?

I rmember Cherry Creek Mall from way back...they used to have a toy store with a ferris wheel on the roof (?) and a place to get delicious hot fudge sundaes. My relatives lived in Aurora and visiting them was always a highlight in my childhood!
Sueshore
Maybe you mean the original mall, the one that was torn down in the early 90's? We used to get hot fudge sundaes at the old Woolworth's there.
The ferris wheel toy store does not ring a bell.

I am neither a name-brand person, nor much of a shopper, which is probably just as well for someone moving to Port St Joe. ;-)
I will probably depend on the internet/catalogs quite a bit.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top