Hello,
We have a house for sale in Navarre. We are wanting to move to Walton Co.
We have a VA buyer that has agreed to our asking price and is qualified. We are going to sign the contract on Tuesday. I on pins and needles about the appraisal coming in Low. I have heard from every lender I have spoken to that VA appraisals are coming in low.
We are pretty sure our asking price is in range so are there any steps I can take to see if the appraiser is using similar comps as our house?
We have an additonal lot with the property that is included in the sale and the lot has improvments as well as a large barn and shop that was about $50,000 to build 10 years ago. The barn is on a slab, has power and water, it is 36x36 and has a metal roof and is very attractive. There is also a well on the vacant property and it is fenced (this is all a horse pasture and horse barn and shop) . I have heard that the barn/shop would only have a value of $5000.00.
Would the property be compared to vacant lots and our house to other houses or would the house and additonal property only be compared to other house lots and not vacant property?
How many months back of sales can a VA appraisal go?
For example, if the appraisal is done int he first week of June, would 6 months of sales include December of 2009 or is that to long?
The Santa Rosa county tax appraisers office does not put Mays sales on its website until June 7th. So mays sales may not even be available for the appraisal.
What sources to appraisers use for comparable sales?
With this market there have not been many sales except the boost we have gotten from the tax credit ending.
We have a house for sale in Navarre. We are wanting to move to Walton Co.
We have a VA buyer that has agreed to our asking price and is qualified. We are going to sign the contract on Tuesday. I on pins and needles about the appraisal coming in Low. I have heard from every lender I have spoken to that VA appraisals are coming in low.
We are pretty sure our asking price is in range so are there any steps I can take to see if the appraiser is using similar comps as our house?
We have an additonal lot with the property that is included in the sale and the lot has improvments as well as a large barn and shop that was about $50,000 to build 10 years ago. The barn is on a slab, has power and water, it is 36x36 and has a metal roof and is very attractive. There is also a well on the vacant property and it is fenced (this is all a horse pasture and horse barn and shop) . I have heard that the barn/shop would only have a value of $5000.00.
Would the property be compared to vacant lots and our house to other houses or would the house and additonal property only be compared to other house lots and not vacant property?
How many months back of sales can a VA appraisal go?
For example, if the appraisal is done int he first week of June, would 6 months of sales include December of 2009 or is that to long?
The Santa Rosa county tax appraisers office does not put Mays sales on its website until June 7th. So mays sales may not even be available for the appraisal.
What sources to appraisers use for comparable sales?
With this market there have not been many sales except the boost we have gotten from the tax credit ending.