• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Vacation Activities

New posts

bchlvr_n_tx

Beach Crab
My family and I are coming for a week in August. We are interested in parasailing and maybe doing some jet skiing. Can anyone tell me if you know any places that offer this? We are renting a house on Grayton Beach. What other activities do you suggest?

Thanks!
 
You'll need to go to Destin or PCB for those-type activities. They are not available in Walton County.
 
bchlvr_n_tx said:
My family and I are coming for a week in August. We are interested in parasailing and maybe doing some jet skiing. Can anyone tell me if you know any places that offer this? We are renting a house on Grayton Beach. What other activities do you suggest?

Thanks!

Most everything in South Walton is people powered. You can rent bikes, kayaks, sail boats, blades, etc. We go to Destin for the Water Park. I have friends that have gone to Ft Walton and rented Wave Runners in the bay. :cool:
 
August is a great time to be in the area because much of the traffic is gone. Our family LOVES to go to the Big Kahuna in August when there are no crowds. It's expensive (it was about $25/person) but if there are no crowds, it's worth it. I spent most of the morning going around and around the lazy river in a tube. It was good to go in the morning because it was even less crowded and we stopped at the donut place next door for breakfast first and then went to the Front Porch (or is it the Back Porch) for a great lunch afterwards. Then, if you wanted, you could go back to Kahuna's (we didn't).

There's supposed to be a new water park in Panama City opening up but I don't know when. I'd definitely try that with a family in August.
 
Paula said:
August is a great time to be in the area because much of the traffic is gone. Our family LOVES to go to the Big Kahuna in August when there are no crowds. It's expensive (it was about $25/person) but if there are no crowds, it's worth it. I spent most of the morning going around and around the lazy river in a tube. It was good to go in the morning because it was even less crowded and we stopped at the donut place next door for breakfast first and then went to the Front Porch (or is it the Back Porch) for a great lunch afterwards. Then, if you wanted, you could go back to Kahuna's (we didn't).

There's supposed to be a new water park in Panama City opening up but I don't know when. I'd definitely try that with a family in August.

Note - Kahuna's is in the heart of Destin, about 40 minutes West of Grayton Beach.

in between, on the Eastern edge of Destin on old Hwy 98 (Scenic 98) you'll find the jet skis and parasailing, etc.
 
We definitely want to rent bikes and skates. I personally plan on doing lots of walking up and down the beach. There is not a more peaceful place on Earth, to me at least, than the beach.
 
bchlvr_n_tx said:
We definitely want to rent bikes and skates. I personally plan on doing lots of walking up and down the beach. There is not a more peaceful place on Earth, to me at least, than the beach.

Just a side note. I have a 7 and 9 yr old. We have found the Destin water park to be more kid friendly than the PCB. There are only a few rides our kids could ride in PCB but they could ride nearly everything in Destin. The PCB park is layed out better. The Destin park have a more professional staff. JMHO :cool:
 
Gulf World in PCB offers some great dolphin and sea lion shows, an interesting tropical bird show, and some neat exhibits. They do laser shows after dark but I've never been to those. It's kind of pricey but worth it, in my opinion. They operate in August after the area basically closes down, so it's perfect for off-season fun.

http://www.gulfworldmarinepark.com/
 
RiverOtter said:
Just a side note. I have a 7 and 9 yr old. We have found the Destin water park to be more kid friendly than the PCB. There are only a few rides our kids could ride in PCB but they could ride nearly everything in Destin. The PCB park is layed out better. The Destin park have a more professional staff. JMHO :cool:
And I've got a six and a nine year old. On the way in to Seagrove we pick up a couple of those fish nets, a couple of decent sand shovels, and then we head to one of the tidal outlets (usually Eastern Lake) and spend a couple of days playing in the outlet, exploring, the marine life and digging in the sand cliffs on the sides. Best darn water park I've ever found.

One time the inlet had just broken through after a hard rain. The lake was balancing itself and the outlet became a pretty cool water slide in itself.

Kayaking's fun too and there are plenty of rental places.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top