• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Veggies

New posts
You can roast okra, too, the same way your roast asparagus. EVOO, salt, pepper. I use a higher heat though -- about 425 degrees. Just don't cut the okra pods before roasting otherwise you'll get slime. Broccoli and cauliflower roast beautifully the same way! They get all brown and crunchy along the edges. Nom nom nom. Eat as is, or make soup out of the leftovers. I roast all of my veggies before making soup -- tomatoes, parsnips, carrots, turnips, garlic cloves. Roasting adds flavor and can turn even the most anemic vegetables into something fabulous.

Fried okra makes great "croutons" for a salad, although I'm not sure that's healthy.

I roasted cauliflower this way once - lord, it took three days to get the smell out of the house! Loved the taste, though!

I would recommend grilling it, outside.
 
We do a cheddar/curry sauce when we have cauliflower w/ ham, but that's the only time we have cheese on veggies.

Papa Scooterbug puts parmesan on all his veggies - makes the whole table stink! :blink:
 
Old southern trick is to fry it. You might not like it plain or steamed, but odds are with enough batter you won't be able to stop.
 
Old southern trick is to fry it. You might not like it plain or steamed, but odds are with enough batter you won't be able to stop.

I hear ya. Fried is my fave...unfortunately. Fried anything. But, alas, I think it defeats the purpose of eating veggies in the first place. Dammit. :bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top