• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

vehicles on beaches?

New posts
Re: beaches

Yes you did. That was Grayton Beach. You have to have a permit to drive on the beach....I think you have to be a resident or property owner to get a permit. But I'm not sure on the last part.
 
Re: beaches

You have to have a permit to drive on the beach.... you have to be property owner to get a permit. ...
 
Re: beaches

That very nice spread on Grayton Beach in the most recent Coastal Living had several pictures of vehicles on the beach, and totally failed to mention the permit issue.

Which is kind of irritating for a variety of issues.
 
Re: beaches

You have to have a permit to drive on the beach.... you have to be property owner to get a permit. ...

Once upon a time, couldn't you get a temporary permit? I had a friend who brought jet skis down and was allowed to drive on the beach long enough to unload them. He had to go at a certain time and remove his vehicle as soon as they were unloaded, though. (This was about 5 years ago...?)
 
Re: beaches

No...plus, unless something has changed, you can't launch personal watercraft into the Gulf at Grayton.
 
I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer my beach without vehicles. It's one of the reasons I stay away from Daytona.
 
Re: beaches

You have to have a permit to drive on the beach.... you have to be property owner to get a permit. ...

Well, not exactly-I know we have both watched folks from Tennessee and Georgia plunge their Toyotas into the soft sand and spin haplessly away.:funn:
 
I was at Grayton in May and saw lots of 4 wheel drive vehicles get stuck (mostly right at the entrance) but then I saw others drive effortlessly through it. The sand was very, very soft. I was wondering why some get stuck and some dont.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top