• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Vehicles on Inlet Beach

New posts

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
At the end of South Walton Lakeshore Drive in Inlet Beach there is an opening where vehicles get onto the sand. There is NOW 2 signs that are in the middle of the beach that say "no vehicles past this point". The signs are only about 100?? ft apart so only about 6? vehicles could actually park there.

Question: I guess I am safe to assume that I can take my permitted vehicle onto the beach and park between the signs??? :idontno:

I called the Sheriffs office but they did not know....
 
At the end of South Walton Lakeshore Drive in Inlet Beach there is an opening where vehicles get onto the sand. There is NOW 2 signs that are in the middle of the beach that say "no vehicles past this point". The signs are only about 100?? ft apart so only about 6? vehicles could actually park there.

Question: I guess I am safe to assume that I can take my permitted vehicle onto the beach and park between the signs??? :idontno:

I called the Sheriffs office but they did not know....

Just an FYI, and you may already know, but you do need a permit.

See above highlight.
 
From the Walton County Code of Ordinances (these are the only two areas where driving is currently allowed on the beach. There are two more locations, but they are still "temporarily closed"):



Designated limited access areas
means the following described locations:

(1) Grayton Beach: An area extending the distance of beach described in the lease between Walton County and State of Florida Internal Improvement Trust Fund/Bureau of State Lands, Number 3884, dated October 1986.

(2) Inlet Beach: An area extending from the west boundary line of Lakeshore Drive eastward for a distance of 66 feet.
 
From the Walton County Code of Ordinances (these are the only two areas where driving is currently allowed on the beach. There are two more locations, but they are still "temporarily closed"):



Designated limited access areas means the following described locations:

(1) Grayton Beach: An area extending the distance of beach described in the lease between Walton County and State of Florida Internal Improvement Trust Fund/Bureau of State Lands, Number 3884, dated October 1986.

(2) Inlet Beach: An area extending from the west boundary line of Lakeshore Drive eastward for a distance of 66 feet.

Thanks!!! I owe you some mac and cheese perhaps????
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top