• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Visiting for Thanksgiving-Question about dogs

New posts

KatnKim

Beach Crab
Hi. My husband and I are staying in Grayton Beach during Thanksgiving week. I read where only dogs registered in So. Wal are allowed on the beach. Does anyone know how much the citation is if you get caught with non registered pups on the beach, during allowed hours, of course. Thanks,
Kat
 
Because rules are made to be broken. I can't help it...it's the renegade in me.
 
Make sure to read the "I've had it with" thread
 
Thanks Beachmom, I did. I too, can't stand it when dog owners let their dogs poop wherever and then just leave it there. I clean up after my own dogs in their fenced in yard because I hate the smell and inconvenience of having to step through my yard like a mine field. I really hate it at the park or the beach or other public places when people do not clean after themselves. I've picked up someone elses dog poop at Inlet Beach who was walking in front of me and gave it to her when she passed back the other direction! We are visitors in your neighborhoods and towns and we should respect that.
 
Hi. My husband and I are staying in Grayton Beach during Thanksgiving week. I read where only dogs registered in So. Wal are allowed on the beach. Does anyone know how much the citation is if you get caught with non registered pups on the beach, during allowed hours, of course. Thanks,
Kat

KK, my dog isn't registered, but I sneak her down there sometimes. She loves the beach and I guess I have a little renegade in me too. I don't know how much the fine is though. Don't worry I always carry a bag with me, so don't cuss me if you step in poo.:clap_1:
 
Thanks Beachmom, I did. I too, can't stand it when dog owners let their dogs poop wherever and then just leave it there. I clean up after my own dogs in their fenced in yard because I hate the smell and inconvenience of having to step through my yard like a mine field. I really hate it at the park or the beach or other public places when people do not clean after themselves. I've picked up someone elses dog poop at Inlet Beach who was walking in front of me and gave it to her when she passed back the other direction! We are visitors in your neighborhoods and towns and we should respect that.

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
Hi. My husband and I are staying in Grayton Beach during Thanksgiving week. I read where only dogs registered in So. Wal are allowed on the beach. Does anyone know how much the citation is if you get caught with non registered pups on the beach, during allowed hours, of course. Thanks,
Kat
I've been told that a sheriff patrolling the beach could impound your dog if it doesn't have a tag, so I don't risk it because I'd flip if that happened to my dog. However, I'm a worry wort; I really don't think a sheriff would do that. To be safe, just don't get too far from a beach walkover. Then if you see a sheriff coming, haul a$$ off the beach! Or be really nice and play dumb.

And, like everyone else said, pick up the poop. :)
 
:eek:
 
A friend of ours (Fire Head)took GK's dog Hero for a walk and wanted to be nice and took her to the beach AFTER 8:00 am and she took her off the leash, and she is not registered and she didn't have a poop bag...the ticket was $20.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top