• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton commissioners deny Sheriff's request

New posts
That would mean that WCSO would have to cooperate with other agencies, which they do not, by the choice of the current sheriff. This is a core issue of the upcoming election, how to start to develop partnerships with other surrounding agencies (local) not to mention both State and Federal. It all comes down to EGO.
I was just reading a cold case story out of Okaloosa county that said something about the problems of the body being found in Walton county and that makes me wonder if they wont even cooperate on something as important as that.
“There were avenues I didn’t think had been followed through,” Bowman says, citing jurisdiction problems because Ball was last seen in Okaloosa County but found in Walton County.
Story here
 
Last edited:
I was just reading a cold case story out of Okaloosa county that said something about the problems of the body being found in Walton county and that makes me wonder if they wont even cooperate on something as important as that.

Story here

She was found in 1999 so that was a different administration at that time, I believe. Current has been in office for around 7. Case picked up again in 2001 and I can only guess would have been the time line for the quote you posted?
With the FBI involvement that would wipe out any jurisdiction issues between the two counties. I really don't know who's doorstep this would fall to if blame had to be assigned for the case going cold.???????:wave: Just imho........ since she was found here, original responsibility would fall to those investigating in 1999 under another administration. I have no idea if the same investigator for Walton stayed on when new administration took over?????????
 
Last edited:
Do you have a copy of the contract reportedly signed by the Sheriff on August 8 for this "Race Track".

If true - it's a capital expenditure and violates the state bid law.

If not you might want to contact the contractor and ask him/her whether they have a contract for this work. It will be interesting to see how this is explained by the Sheriff's Office.

It may have to wait a week - I understand he is taping a cooking show with Rachel Ray.
 
Do you have a copy of the contract reportedly signed by the Sheriff on August 8 for this "Race Track".

If true - it's a capital expenditure and violates the state bid law.

If not you might want to contact the contractor and ask him/her whether they have a contract for this work. It will be interesting to see how this is explained by the Sheriff's Office.

It may have to wait a week - I understand he is taping a cooking show with Rachel Ray.


You are Wilie this morning, aren't you:wave: When Bruce Collier broke the story on the driving track he attempted to reach the contractor to get a copy of this contract. It's documented in a piece that is floating around here on a few different threads. I think it was called The Approved and Unapproved. Or something like that. I haven't had enough coffee, yet,to start digging.:biggrin:

I also want to clarify my previous statement on this thread about inter office relations. I only have knowledge of the WCSO and the DFSPD as far as their relationships with federal and state agencies where illegal immigration is concerned. I don't have any stats and have not looked for documentation about their relationships in other areas. Also, when I wrote that DFSPD had a hard time getting agencies to work with them, I documented that they were trying but not getting much response from agencies like ICE at the time.

So, if you're the Coyote, who's the Roadrunner:D:wave:
 
Last edited:
Hi Watcher,

The WCSO seems to work well with other outside agencies, such as ICE and other county sheriff's agencies. They have coordinated raids for Federal task force such as the one that netted the human trafficking suspects.County PD has also had in-office training supplied by federal agencies where illegal immigration is concerned. They also took part in forming a task force with Okaloosa and Santa Rosa over illegal immigration.
...

To reply to your understanding of cooperation with other agencies, all one has to do is ask surrounding agencies about the lack of cooperation, not from individual officers, they do a great job. It is from the department as a whole. I documented in a post from last summer how WCSO failed to participate in a US Marshal's warrant round up. All surrounding local agencies, including State Probation, ATF and others were involved and the only way WCSO participated is they had their patrol units transport the few Walton County Warrants that were picked up.

Further, I know that Okaloosa Drug Task Force, has in the past, requested assistance and formal partnership with Walton County Narcotics Units. There was discussion about combining the units as a majority of the drug trafficking crosses county lines, this would lead to more man power, larger cases and increased revenue do to seizure of property. This formal request was DENIED, causing OCSO to perform narcotics operations in our county. This was done due to the fact that OCSO has/had an officer assigned to the DEA office in Panama City Beach, thus, no issue with crossing juristictional lines. Maybe things have changed in the past several months, I hope they have.

There is a BIG difference in "working well" with other agencies and full participation in Multi-Juristictional Task Forces. I know several of the WCSO Officers who "work well" with outside agencies, let's not get confused here. Thanks for the reply.
 
Hi Watcher,

The WCSO seems to work well with other outside agencies, such as ICE and other county sheriff's agencies. They have coordinated raids for Federal task force such as the one that netted the human trafficking suspects.County PD has also had in-office training supplied by federal agencies where illegal immigration is concerned. They also took part in forming a task force with Okaloosa and Santa Rosa over illegal immigration.
...

To reply to your understanding of cooperation with other agencies, all one has to do is ask surrounding agencies about the lack of cooperation, not from individual officers, they do a great job. It is from the department as a whole. I documented in a post from last summer how WCSO failed to participate in a US Marshal's warrant round up. All surrounding local agencies, including State Probation, ATF and others were involved and the only way WCSO participated is they had their patrol units transport the few Walton County Warrants that were picked up.

Further, I know that Okaloosa Drug Task Force, has in the past, requested assistance and formal partnership with Walton County Narcotics Units. There was discussion about combining the units as a majority of the drug trafficking crosses county lines, this would lead to more man power, larger cases and increased revenue do to seizure of property. This formal request was DENIED, causing OCSO to perform narcotics operations in our county. This was done due to the fact that OCSO has/had an officer assigned to the DEA office in Panama City Beach, thus, no issue with crossing juristictional lines. Maybe things have changed in the past several months, I hope they have.

There is a BIG difference in "working well" with other agencies and full participation in Multi-Juristictional Task Forces. I know several of the WCSO Officers who "work well" with outside agencies, let's not get confused here. Thanks for the reply.

And in order to not confuse I clarified my statement in this quote.
I also want to clarify my previous statement on this thread about inter office relations. I only have knowledge of the WCSO and the DFSPD as far as their relationships with federal and state agencies where illegal immigration is concerned. I don't have any stats and have not looked for documentation about their relationships in other areas. Also, when I wrote that DFSPD had a hard time getting agencies to work with them, I documented that they were trying but not getting much response from agencies like ICE at the time.
(From my quote):wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top