• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton County Bark Park

New posts

Bark Park

Beach Comber
The Walton County Bark Park now has an official website, Barkparkinc.org.
We are trying to get the park open so that all Walton County canines will have a great place to Run, Play and Bark both on and off leash. We need the support of the community to help with donations. If you have a dog, it is well worth the investment for you to donate and gain park memberships. There are three types of membership, each come with great membership benefits, more information can be found on our website.

As soon as the park is open we will be offering group dog training courses such as The AKC ?Canine Good Citizen? certification course, Agility, Rally and many more. Niki Tudge a professional dog trainer and canine behaviorist will be conducting the courses and donating 20% of the training income back to the park to help support our infrastructure and operational costs. Park members will have access to this training at discounted rates.

Lets all work together to provide a safe, fun place for all of us to enjoy with our dogs. We are also always looking for volunteers to help us attend events and get the message out about the park. Any ideas, suggestions or comments are welcome

Bow Wow Meow
 
How is this fair that you take tax support from everyone to subsidize a park only for dogs? Cat owners should unite against this travesty. They could get together and throw kibble into the Gulf.
 
waltondude said:
How is this fair that you take tax support from everyone to subsidize a park only for dogs? Cat owners should unite against this travesty. They could get together and throw kibble into the Gulf.
Other than Ms Kitty, cats are worthless, unless you are hungry and need birds, chipmunks, squirrels and mice to eat. :floor:

To my knowledge, I don't think tax dollars are supporting Bark Bark. Voluntary funds are being raised, hence the post above. The County is allowing Bark Park to erect the fence and use County property for Bark Park, but the County still owns the property. At one time, the County discussed offering funding for the fence and gravel for the parking lot, but I think they bailed on that.
 
SJ...you make me purr with joy! Where would one make a donation? I was hoping this would be open by now. I think the Bark Park should have Kitty Days, when cat owners could bring their cats to the park to roam!!! Can you just imagine???
 
Sueshore said:
SJ...you make me purr with joy! Where would one make a donation? I was hoping this would be open by now. I think the Bark Park should have Kitty Days, when cat owners could bring their cats to the park to roam!!! Can you just imagine???

According to BarkParkInc.org:

To Donate. Bark Park Inc. PO Box 2464 SRB FL 32459

Ms Kitty, I heard that Fridays will be "Free for All Fridays," allowing cat owners, those who dare, to bring their cats and throw them in the fenced area with the big dogs.:floor: woof, woof! (I am joking -- the cats would need a totally enclosed cage:D). I do wonder why the signature line for Bark Park is "Bow Wow Meow."


 
Bark Park, Inc. is a 501 C3 non-profit organization. That means you can make a contribution to the park and have a tax deduction!!

Donations of any amount are welcome and very much appreciated. They can be sent to:

Bark Park, Inc.
P.O. Box 2464
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Need more information? Call Pat Carlyle 267-3567 or Deborah ?Spike? Alfassa at 267-3936.
 
Smiling JOe said:
According to BarkParkInc.org:

To Donate. Bark Park Inc. PO Box 2464 SRB FL 32459

Ms Kitty, I heard that Fridays will be "Free for All Fridays," allowing cat owners, those who dare, to bring their cats and throw them in the fenced area with the big dogs.:floor: woof, woof! (I am joking -- the cats would need a totally enclosed cage:D). I do wonder why the signature line for Bark Park is "Bow Wow Meow."


isn't that your address smiley j? :funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top