• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton County Candidate

New posts
I don't know this man, but I sure wouldn't want someone as Sheriff who wasn't aquainted with the people of this county, and it's culture. Considering the size of Walton County, SoWal is just a small part. The Sheriff is responsible for the entire county.

I'd rather have a Sheriff who wasn't as familiar w/ the culture and people, but rather focused on enforcing the laws instead of making "cultural" exceptions for his buddies.

What exactly are the cultural nuances you feel he should be aware of?
 
What exactly do you mean by making exceptions for his buddies? Specific examples, please. Including names.

Any constitutional officer in any county needs to have a background in the office for which they are a candidate. That's all. New ideas are great, and professionalism should be encouraged. However, in day-to-day business, there is no time for a learning curve, especially when you take over at the top.

Also...never mind; I need to crawl down from the soapbox before I fall off and break something. :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top