• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton county salaries published

New posts
How many employees get mileage and how many get company cars. Do the ones that get company cars also get mileage. I think we demand they keep mileage logs.
 
All Commissioner receive the same "reimbursement". They record mileage for a month each year. Those are then compared and the Commissioner with the highest number of miles is used as the base number of miles for all. (Huh?). That is used as the base for 11 months. They do not submit monthly mileage reports (Huh ?)


Admittedly I am not a math wiz but is that $62,225.00 a year or for travel? Where the @%$#@ (bleep) are they going...China?
 
How do these figures compare to surrounding Counties?
 
I think, and I could be wrong, that the county attorney is a 1099 position so retirement wouldn't be necessary.
 
I think, and I could be wrong, that the county attorney is a 1099 position so retirement wouldn't be necessary.

At one time he was retained as a contract attorney.

He closed his practice and became a "full time" employee of the BCC with all benefits. He has a contract (like the County Administrator) and has a "special arrangement" concerning his "retirement".

The details will be in Part 2.
 
The travel stipend is particularly interesting. The current IRS mileage allowance is $0.56 per mile. If the travel stipend is entirely for mileage, this means that commissioners are driving 22,223 miles per year for purely county business. To put that in perspective, that's 207 round trips from Miramar Beach to Paxton.
 
And that's exactly what it is for and includes only "travel". I would point out that they are following a policy from the Florida Department of Revenue.
 
I would like to see all of their expenses for the year to date. Remember the adds said Cecelia got all her family insurance paid which was never approved by the BCC. If that was true no telling what else they get we do not know about.

Policy or no policy this is just an added income that is not taxable.
 
Strange, I moved here from a place where city & county commissioners were only paid a minor stipend ($400 per month) AND the school board was paid zilch. Why are all of these people being paid so much for public service????
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top