• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton county salaries published

New posts
peterpan, the ads about Commissioner-Elect Jones were very misleading and inaccurate.

m1a1mg, I agree! I've lived in places where a token stipend was paid for public service, and I had no idea (until I actually thought about running for school board, before deciding against it), that the pay was so high, that it included retirement benefits and travel stipends, health insurance, etc.
 
peterpan, the ads about Commissioner-Elect Jones were very misleading and inaccurate. m1a1mg, I agree! I've lived in places where a token stipend was paid for public service, and I had no idea (until I actually thought about running for school board, before deciding against it), that the pay was so high, that it included retirement benefits and travel stipends, health insurance, etc.

Hmmm - did she not receive the 100% family paid health insurance for 3 months beyond all other commissioners giving up that unapproved benefit ?

The interest business was hogwash !
 
This may be why 2/3 of the voters did not want her. She did not even win her district. Just politics !!!!! Why did the poster decide not to run? I heard Jay Odum was her biggest contributor. He has been in jail for violating champaign rules. Is this true?
 
I heard Jay Odum was her biggest contributor. He has been in jail for violating champaign rules. Is this true?


Federal prison to be exact!
 
The ad implied she owed money to the county, which she did not owe. It was designed to mislead voters into believing she was delinquent. Other ads against her, run by the same folks, insinuated that she would not be able to govern without her husband's help, or that she was a puppet, etc. It was offensive.

But in the end, voters sent a message that that type of politics went too far. She won by 1,100 or 1,200 votes. It was a very convincing victory for Commissioner-Elect Jones. But the election is over. She won it, fair and square, and did it without saying a single negative thing about anyone.
 
Don't know what is true or not true. I do know that it would serve the county better to require candidates to get 50 percent of the vote or face a runoff. Mrs. Jones won the election by the margin that you said, but about 64 percent of those voting voted for someone else, therefore against her.
 
"She won it, fair and square, and did it without saying a single negative thing about anyone."

If you believe that you are fooling yourself. She repeatedly badmouthed Kenneth Pridgen. Plus, she is responsible for all the foul, intimidating and mean-spirited things her husband said about several candidates, both in and out of their race. She cannot even wait until taking office to begin her personal attacks against her opponents supporters. This will be a long 4 years.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top