• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton Sun on Cooper...

New posts
Yes child the thread is about Cooper and family, but was it not you that that deviated from the topic with a comment or two about Idlewind? Please accept my most sincere apologies for striking a nerve when mentioning a candidate that you support, that was not my intent at all. I will not charge you for the English lesson, as I try and do my part to help those less fortunate than myself.
But allow me to comment, since you asked, regarding Cooper's situation. Based on what was posted (its in the Sun today by the way) can you tell me where the news about HIM is? IF (emphasis on if) the article is correct, what has been done wrong? He said he should have gone to get them from Human Resources but he didnt (at least he made a comment on a newspaper article which has put him ahead of Sheriff Johnson's "cant be reached for comment"). I see a much more interesting story about his grilfriend because I dont believe they have answered the question I have and that is why she was disciplined. The most interesting part of the story is its timing. In other words, Cooper not a candidate, Cooper not a story. Obviously this didnt just suddenly appear out of thin air. Since it happend a year ago, I am sure a "camp" was waiting with baited breath to get to the paper and why not in the last print before the election?
So you see Stripes(less) I have returned the thread to the topic and, at your request provided you with a point of view. Honestly, I would much rather read a pot shot at a candidate that was worthy of mudslinging, something like stealing money, committing murder, SOMETHING that is exciting....

Dear "drivingthru",
As Shakespeare might have said of you: "Methinks he doth protest too much" (Now,... there's a free English lesson for you from "one less fortunate than your self").
:lolabove:
 
Dear "drivingthru",
As Shakespeare might have said of you: "Methinks he doth protest too much" (Now,... there's a free English lesson for you from "one less fortunate than your self").
:lolabove:
Dear Psuedo William,
Thank you for your reference material. However I fail to see the relationship between your quote of the day and my free english lesson to you, as it is dissimilar in rhetorical syntax.
Sincerely
drivingthru
 
What what what????

you mean like someone asking a candidate if he would ever hire a person that was maybe arrested for illegal wire tapping and promote them with rank to be in the charge of a division of his department and still not getting an answer?[/quote]


:confused::eek::confused::eek::yikes::confused::shock::cool:

You don't say...

Where's the SUN Article on this one?:wave:
 
acts are sometimes worse than charges

I dont think the issue is wether the offense is a felony or misdemeanor. I think the issue here is the actual act itself. And whats equally important is wether or not the person committing the crime was at the time entrusted with a position that requires understanding of communications laws and complete confidentiality and the right to privacy.
Deliberately and continually illegally intercepting digitally encoded communications is a serious violation of privacy. This alone should be a huge bright red flag in the persons personal, professional and ethical character when being considered for a position of public trust.
This also extends to anyone placing them into a position of authority with that information in hand and makes a questionable example of poor leadership / managerial skills.
Of course according to certain people, this never happened.
 
Last edited:
you mean like someone asking a candidate if he would ever hire a person that was maybe arrested for illegal wire tapping and promote them with rank to be in the charge of a division of his department and still not getting an answer?

Wasn't he found not guilty? Or maybe I have my wire tappers mixed up. :confused:
 
Adjudication

Wasn't he found not guilty? Or maybe I have my wire tappers mixed up. :confused:


He was found not guilty, just checked, (which don't mean much in this county), which only means the evidence was not presented to a degree to convict him.

I have a feeling you know more about this and you should know that it takes PC to make any arrest. How many active law enforcement officers do you know that have been arrested for felony charges? I know none, zero, zilch. Nor do I know any that have been arrested for misdemeanors. Is this the same guy who is said to have broken the tail light on the car from I-10? I have my shady city employees mixed up?:blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top