5th Gen Local
Beach Comber
Open ended questions
I don't care for the timing of this either and suspect RJ had a hand in it. However, if the document in question is public then I would love to see it to determine how open ended the questions really were. It is reasonable to assume that if one applicant has the benefit of the interview questions in advance there is not a level playing field. Has the county always made the interview questions available in advance before selecting for positions and promotions? That may explain a lot about the competency of the county departments. This looks and walks like a duck to me. It is clear to me that the intent was to gain an unfair advantage. Would he do the same when interviewing potential leaders in the Sheriff's Administration? The most glaring statement is it did not matter anyway as he was not qualified to serve as a deputy director for the jail, but now wants to be Sheriff?
At this late date, I do not think this story will have any bearing on the outcome of the election, but it is what it is.
The only question I have about this report is why was she reprimanded for pulling a public document? If inside connections were used to get this document then I could understand. But it was public record and anyone could do it. I don't see an abuse of office in that.So, I have to ask, why she was punished for it?
I don't care for the timing of this either and suspect RJ had a hand in it. However, if the document in question is public then I would love to see it to determine how open ended the questions really were. It is reasonable to assume that if one applicant has the benefit of the interview questions in advance there is not a level playing field. Has the county always made the interview questions available in advance before selecting for positions and promotions? That may explain a lot about the competency of the county departments. This looks and walks like a duck to me. It is clear to me that the intent was to gain an unfair advantage. Would he do the same when interviewing potential leaders in the Sheriff's Administration? The most glaring statement is it did not matter anyway as he was not qualified to serve as a deputy director for the jail, but now wants to be Sheriff?
At this late date, I do not think this story will have any bearing on the outcome of the election, but it is what it is.
So, I have to ask, why she was punished for it?
The Sun is treating this like it is a huge issue when: 1) it happened in 2007, 2) it did not gain anyone anything, 3) most important, IT WAS A PUBLIC RECORD!
This cinches it, I have added Mr. Cooper to my list of candidates I will vote for. Cooper, Larry Jones, Davis, Anderson, Osbourne and Nelson are my choices.

Sounds like you have a bad case of tasting sour grapes my friend.