• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wanted: Cuban Sandwich

New posts
While everyone is heaping praise on probably one of the best ,over-looked places around these parts, do partake of the banana- leaf wrapped tamales at El Mercadito. At $3.00 each, all I can say is "how can you sell them so low?"


I love these.
 
I believe one of the best was a year or two back during the week mornings at the Texaco at Rosemary Beach (30A) and 98. A little guy was there roasting his pig all night serving Cubans all morning. The story is that he drank too much and was not too reliable so he got the boot. Wish I could find him!

Please let me know if any of you know.

Thanks.
 
the guy at the Texaco set the side of the building on fire one day so adios to him, I likes Stinky,s and El Mercadito myself...
 
what a terrific thread! nothing better than a really good cuban! I know Don Pedro's has them, but did not know about modica or stinky's! I'll be on the look out!
"We are talking about people right?" - Earl Haffler
Publix has the best Cuban by far cause their Cuban Bread is second to none outside Miami
Your palate is suspect sir! For everyone of taste and refinement knows it is the direction in which the pickles are arranged upon the delectable treat that makes for a quality cuban.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top