• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Watch This, Global Climate Change Content

New posts
Wow. Thanks.
 
Thanks John R. I had not seem this before! (I am afraid that once I start wandering around YouTube, I will never be heard from again.)

I went to the main page of the video and found this link to his updated version, which (along with his other companion videos) he says answers the criticisms of the first, simpler version.

YouTube - How It All Ends
 
I saw this a while back. My feelings on convincing people that climate change is real is futile if they are religious. The reasoning there is that if they are religious and wrong I won't have to spend eternity with them.

Interpret as you wish.
 
I saw this a while back. My feelings on convincing people that climate change is real is futile if they are religious. The reasoning there is that if they are religious and wrong I won't have to spend eternity with them.

Interpret as you wish.

I am trying to interpret that.... Are you tying to say those who ignore climate change (man made) will all be going to Hell? :idontno:
 
Notice how he completely under-emphasizes the (GCC is) False and (Take) Action category. What if we are really about to see Global Cooling, and we completely exacerbate the global calamity?

Notice how he completely exaggerates the True and No Action category? What if we humans adapts just fine, enjoying the warmer weather?

Notice how he leaves out the Global Depresssion out of the True and Action category? That should still happen.

Not impressed. But then again, I'm religious. ;-)
 
JR, thanks for posting
Here are my 2 cents on the matter,
everyone has their own beliefs which makes this world unique

I watched the video all the way...I was not impressed either. Please, dont "get in my face" - what was up with that??? I dont mind people voicing their opinion but getting their face all up in the camera???:shock:

I was raised "in the church" as some would say. I believe that what is going to happen to this world we live in is going to happen and there is not anything that we can do about it. slowing down the final outcome? maybe.

I was raised that God one day would destroy the world by fire and if that is correct then I guess global warning is right in line with the teachings that I was taught. I enjoy life to the fullest, live the best I can and I am secure with my faith that if something might happen while I am still here on Earth I would be ok. I love this world I live on and when I am gone/or it is gone I know that where I will be will be even better. :wave:
 
Notice how he completely under-emphasizes the (GCC is) False and (Take) Action category. What if we are really about to see Global Cooling, and we completely exacerbate the global calamity?

Notice how he completely exaggerates the True and No Action category? What if we humans adapts just fine, enjoying the warmer weather?

Notice how he leaves out the Global Depresssion out of the True and Action category? That should still happen.

Not impressed. But then again, I'm religious. ;-)

I agree. I'm not impressed either and I'm not religious. His bias shows in his argument.
 
I am trying to interpret that.... Are you tying to say those who ignore climate change (man made) will all be going to Hell? :idontno:

Okay, that came out wrong. It seems that convincing some people that there is global climate change and that we can make a difference in it is futile as they always point to religion and say that god has a plan. This is actaully based on a discussion I had with someone at work.

There point was that no matter what we do the world is going to end soon and why bother. They actually told me they didn't care about recycling, reducing carbon emissions, etc.

My point was that saying "god has a plan" and not trying to make a change is a little lazy in my opinion. I honestly could not get this person to understand that if that were the case why not apply it to so many other problems in life; starvation, disease, war, etc.

Does this need more clarification?
 
Last edited:
What if gods plan is to make the earth warmer. hehe

Seems to me to take a snapshot of 200 years of data and apply that to say the minimal change is (a) perminent (b) completely man made is just plane nuts.

We were all taught the continents used to be joined in one large land mass, creating mountain ranges and moving south america from Africa along with kicking Australia out on its own

These shifts still continue today, example, Tsunamis

Volcanoes emit giant loads of emissions but are somehow exempt from measurement.

finally, what to plants "inhale"
C02
Exhale O2

We just need more plants LOL

We all want cleaner air, water etc, and should strive for it
The bigger crime here is the amount of trash man puts into and around anywhere he lives.
Thats more toxic and affects mother nature in way more ways than an suv

Lets teach not to throw away the ciggy butts and natural light cans into the street too
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top