TooFarTampa
SoWal Insider
Hi all,
We have a long-standing leak issue in our three-story house that I'm fairly certain is not related to the metal roofing system but is coming from some other part of the house. We have tried many things, including re-waterproofing the third-floor deck above the living area where the leak is, improving the seal around the french doors on that third floor and caulking and painting the entire house.
We have used two different contractors and tried three or four different repairs.
We thought we had it beat, finally, but it leaked a little bit once or twice this summer and then when this came through:
Our renters had to put a bucket under it.
We think water either collects somewhere and leaks in after the area is saturated or it is caused by high winds coming off the gulf. We have the kind of exposure represented in the above photo -- great on a clear day, bad when a storm's a comin.
I have located a water intrusion expert in Pensacola that comes highly recommended just so we can get this thing diagnosed. I am not up for any more trial and error repairs! But if there is a more local water instrusion expert, I would love to hear about it. I am not looking for a roofer, a general contractor or a waterproofer. Just someone who knows how to diagnose water intrusion and will be able to tell us exactly what to do to fix it.
Thanks for any help! We can't be the first people with this problem!
We have a long-standing leak issue in our three-story house that I'm fairly certain is not related to the metal roofing system but is coming from some other part of the house. We have tried many things, including re-waterproofing the third-floor deck above the living area where the leak is, improving the seal around the french doors on that third floor and caulking and painting the entire house.
We have used two different contractors and tried three or four different repairs.
We thought we had it beat, finally, but it leaked a little bit once or twice this summer and then when this came through:
Our renters had to put a bucket under it.
I have located a water intrusion expert in Pensacola that comes highly recommended just so we can get this thing diagnosed. I am not up for any more trial and error repairs! But if there is a more local water instrusion expert, I would love to hear about it. I am not looking for a roofer, a general contractor or a waterproofer. Just someone who knows how to diagnose water intrusion and will be able to tell us exactly what to do to fix it.
Thanks for any help! We can't be the first people with this problem!