• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

water temperature

New posts

mabenson

Beach Crab
We are REALLY looking forward to our second trip to Seagrove arriving May 2. This is our first time coming this early in the season. Is the ocean warm enough to play and swim? What about the pools? The one at our condo is not heated but we are hoping that it is not too cold for a 3 year old to play in. (I have enjoyed getting some great tips on things to do and places to eat. Great website!)
 
The shallow water of the Coastal Dune Lakes warm up quickly. They should be just right for your three-year-old. In some places you can be swimming in the Gulf of Mexico and your children, supervised of course, can be splashing happily in the outfall of a Coastal Dune Lake.
 
Also watch for the purple flag..............sea pests.
 
Also watch for the purple flag..............sea pests.
I love that they classify sharks as a "marine pest".



" honey ...would you get this pest (4 foot long shark) off my leg?':blink:
 
I love that they classify sharks as a "marine pest".

" honey ...would you get this pest (4 foot long shark) off my leg?':blink:

eheh. I think the purple flags normally mean jellyfish. If sharks are about, they occasionally close the beach temporarily.
 
I love that they classify sharks as a "marine pest".



" honey ...would you get this pest (4 foot long shark) off my leg?':blink:

I'm with ya, Jodi... that terminology always makes me giggle... :shark:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top