• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

water temperature

New posts
Lakes have heated up rapidly. As of today, surface temps around 78F degrees with bottom temps varying a bit, but around 73F degrees at 6 - 7 ft depths.
 
How is it looking now (5/6)?
 
My pinky toe thermometer detected a noticeable increase in Gulf temps today. I'd guess the temp to be around 75F degrees along the beach -- very nice, very nice. swimming today would have felt great, and the Sun was out to heat things the air up to the upper 70's, today. The Gulf started off smooth as glass, but the winds kicked up out of the south west, pushing some waves around this afternoon. -- Green flags all day. Nice sand bars forming along the beaches.
 
My pinky toe thermometer detected a noticeable increase in Gulf temps today. I'd guess the temp to be around 75F degrees along the beach -- very nice, very nice. swimming today would have felt great, and the Sun was out to heat things the air up to the upper 70's, today. The Gulf started off smooth as glass, but the winds kicked up out of the south west, pushing some waves around this afternoon. -- Green flags all day. Nice sand bars forming along the beaches.

Music to my ears, SJ. I'll be there tomorrow. :clap:
 
have fun and safe travels.
 
I'll put up a more detailed trip report later, but the gulf temp was nice. Problem was, red flags were out the whole time we were there. So I couldn't really swim like I normally do.
 
Water was nice saturday at Crab Island/the Bay. Chilly to the toe, comfortable if you employed the patented Scooterbug cannonball entry method.

I got several other people into the water too, including a 4 year old, so it's not just me who thought it was warm enough for swimming! :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top