• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Watercolor

New posts
Sable -

I checked out your walking tour - very cool but the pictures took longer to download than I have to spend at the moment. Will take another look when I have more time. I took lots of photos while biking through Watercolor on Springbreak. Will be nice to see what I missed.

I'm curious to know if you've had success finding fractional co-owners for your house.

Has anyone else on the board heard success stories with fractional homes in SoWal?
 
I'm curious to know if you've had success finding fractional co-owners for your house.

Has anyone else on the board heard success stories with fractional homes in SoWal?
They may work in many cases, but the only stories which I hear about them usually involve one seller needing to sell, and that can tend to be a problem if the other owners do not want to sell.
 
Thanks for the comments about the Virtual Walking Tour.

The website that is providing/hosting the Tour is Panoramio.com... and they're probably experiencing overloaded servers because I think they're experiencing explosive growth. I've also experience timew where the photos were slow to download... and other times when it's pretty snappy.
 
Did anyone look at it? Maybe it wasn't easy to zoom in and view photos? Did anyone view the larger photos by clicking on the small ones? Are there too many photos?

Any comments, positive or negative, are appreciated...

Thanks.

Well, since you asked....

I can certainly appreciate the time and effort you put into this website, but <here it comes>, it was very time consuming to take in...the clicking, the clinking again, the waiting, the zooming larger, the waiting, the clicking back, the mouse moving, the zooming, the clicking, the zooming, the moving---then on to the SECOND location....wash, rinse, repeat.

After only viewing about 3 or 4 of the locations, I found it tedious and extremely time-consuming...add to that the plug for the fractional sale and it was very much like a time share presentation...without the benefit of a free overnight stay and tickets to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Dinner Show.

.
 
Last edited:
As far as fractionals go...I feel many folks in that mkt are more interested in the added benefits and amenities, which are available through the JOE fractionals at WC and WSB...refered to as Private Residence Clubs. Since those PRCs are readily available, you may have trouble finding interest in selling a single family home as a fraction in WC, but good luck...you may find interest from folks looking for more than the 5 weeks per year JOE offers.
 
Last edited:
Sable -
I checked out your walking tour - very cool but the pictures took longer to download than I have to spend at the moment. Will take another look when I have more time. I took lots of photos while biking through Watercolor on Springbreak. Will be nice to see what I missed.

Hi Gardening -

I'm hoping that the company that provides the free photo mapping, Panoramio.com, will catch up and get more servers and bandwidth to handle what appears to be overwhelming growth.

And, I was hoping that others might post their own WaterColor, or SoWal tours! I just thought it was a really neat, and effective, way to use the Google Sattelite Maps.

There was a 50 photo maximum that I could get with my free account at Panoramio and I would have liked to post more photos. Hopefully others will do so and post them on SoWal so that we can all see. I'd love to see yours from your biking trip if you ever get time to put together your own tour.

And, the really cool thing is that at some point, a lot of these photos are sent over to Google and incorporated into their Google Earth program... so that anyone using Earth will be able to see all of the photos that people are posting from all over the globe!


I'm curious to know if you've had success finding fractional co-owners for your house.

Has anyone else on the board heard success stories with fractional homes in SoWal?



Our house isn't scheduled to be completed until the end of July.

My wife and I have actually barely started even looking for partners and the first two people I've spoken to are very interested. I'm concerned that I may have "opened the floodgates" by posting my "Virtual Walking Tour" on SoWal when I'm not really ready to start talking to a lot of people about it yet. I completed the site at www.129Bluejack.com about a month ago, but have not promoted it anywhere yet... until, I guess yesterday, when I posted the Walking Tour here.

And I'd like to say that while people loosely use the term "fractionals"... we definitely are not selling fractionals as the industry defines the term. First of all, "Fractionals" are not allowed in WaterColor (unless it's St. Joe selling them like they've done on some of their 2 BR condos). But there are lots of WaterColor homes that are owned by several couples.

We are simply getting several like minded people together to share the ownership of a resort vacation home. I'm sure that everyone reading this knows someone who is a partner on a vacation home somewhere. It simply makes sense to a lot of people. I have several friends and acquaintenances who have partnered on vacation properties. We're looking forward to coming to WaterColor for decades to come... and maybe passing it on to the next generation after we've passed on to a place that's even nicer than WaterColor!
 
Last edited:
They may work in many cases, but the only stories which I hear about them usually involve one seller needing to sell, and that can tend to be a problem if the other owners do not want to sell.

You're right that they do work in many cases... and I'd venture to say they work in the vast majority of cases.

Of great importance is structuring the partnership properly from the start. There's no reason that the other owners must want to sell just because one wants to. We are seeking partners who want to own in WaterColor for a long time to come. But of course, people's lives change... there's also death and divorce... so it's important to address these things in the partnership agreement.

I don't know anyone who is unhappy with their vacation home partnerships. But I'm sure there are some... and of course, those are the ones you're most likely to hear about.

And I don't know about any specific partnerships in WaterColor... but I know someone who is partners on a beach house in South Carolina and there are people standing in line wanting to buy in if one of the partners ever wants to sell. Another friend of mine recently sold his ownerhip in a home in Hilton Head and is now wishing that he hadn't.

I believe that you'll see more and more people partnering in vacation home ownership in the future because it just makes good sense.
 
Nice work Sablepoint! I have the best homeowner partner...Mr. Kitty! :clap_1:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top