• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

WaterSound Beach vs. Sanctuary at Redfish

New posts
i'm very surprised the prices of these 2 are the same...watersound is by the far the superior community and it should not feel "busy" at all...its pretty exclusive with plenty of space to spread out...10x better architecture and beauty imho
 
Thanks so much to everyone for their feedback and opinions. You have helped me make my decision. We will book a place at WaterSound for sure! I've already found one condo owner willing to discount their rent 40% off their summer rate for the first week of August. Does anyone know any vacation rental management companies that might have properties available at WaterSound? Does anyone know any owners who have NOT advertised on VRBO? I've already contacted all of those people.
 
i'm very surprised the prices of these 2 are the same...watersound is by the far the superior community and it should not feel "busy" at all...its pretty exclusive with plenty of space to spread out...10x better architecture and beauty imho

Personally, I think the condos at the Sanctuary at Redfish are overpriced for their location. Most of the 3-bdm condos I was looking at were asking $2400-$2600/week. The 4-bdm units are even more. :shock:
 
Thanks so much to everyone for their feedback and opinions. You have helped me make my decision. We will book a place at WaterSound for sure! I've already found one condo owner willing to discount their rent 40% off their summer rate for the first week of August. Does anyone know any vacation rental management companies that might have properties available at WaterSound? Does anyone know any owners who have NOT advertised on VRBO? I've already contacted all of those people.

www.watersoundvacations.com
 
Watersound is a pretty big development. Couple questions for those who might know: Is there some kind of shuttle service that can get people to and from the beach? I know the beach club is private, but are the other pools available for renters?
 
:welcome: to Watersound luvthebeach57! You will love it. As jdarg said, it is breathtaking.

Which set of condo's are you looking at? Each condo complex has a pool for each complex..... then we have two different neighborhood pools. The neighborhood pool next to the Compass Pointe condo's has a grill that is open in season. The condo's are very close to the beach and you won't have much of a walk, some units have little wagons or buggies for your stuff....it is well worth the walk anyway.....walking through those dunes is like walking in a beautiful snowscape

If you want to use the private beach club be sure and rent a unit that has a membership. I don't know what age group you will have with you, but if you have small children they all LOVE the beach club pool. It has two wade in areas and fountains on one end with big turtles the kids love to play on. It also has the most helpful staff and excellent bartenders. We have the best view in town!!

Don't forget we also have the yacht pond, endless walking trails, puttering park, post office, bikes for rent, the lake for paddling, the preserve on the west end next to Deer Lake State Park, and a gym. At the main gate house is a cafe that is open all day with excellent food. Be sure and try the breakfast burrito! Yum! .

Let me know when y'all are in town and if I am there I will be the Watersound Welcome Wagon! :wave:
 
Last edited:
Thanks for all the info, beachbummet! We are specifically looking at a Compass Point I condo right now. The owner has a membership to the beach club, so we can use that pool. Our daughter isn't little any more (she's a teenager). But I've seen pictures of the pool there and it looks fantastic.

I am getting so excited about this vacation!!
 
I just reserved a unit at Compass Point for mid-May. Anyone have any experience with this area? What are the surrounding grounds like? Any pools close by?
 
Compass Point is cool, JB. I think you will love it. My favorite pool is overlooking the Lake, usually very quiet from what I've seen.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top