• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

We all need a little Validation

New posts

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
I stumbled across this short film (about 15 minutes long) this morning, and thought it might be a good message to kick off the week. Enjoy!

YouTube - Validation
 
Thank You

Replay- excellent post Miss Critter- everyone needs to see this!!! :clap:

This is the main thing lacking in our quest for bigger and better things in the techno world!!!
Would you rather deal with a robotic answering machine after a list of 40 items to press to get to the right dept. or speak with a human being? We are not machines- we are people with feelings that do need validation from others at times. Most of the time the skill that this person in the video employs is non-existent or overlooked as unnecessary. If this one skill was employed on a consistent basis, I wonder to what degree the murder/suicide rate would go down. Is one act of kindness going to change the world? Well, it wouldn't hurt to try and find out.

I have a quirky little story that may not mean much to you, but it has been a common thread for my life since I was a teenager. I was at a friend of mines house in high school in Texas, and he went outside for awhile. There was a knock on the door, and a lady with hair pulled back and upswept, came gracefully down the stairs, with an air of dignity and grace that was for no one, but herself, as she was unaware of my presence. I was in such awe that I just stared from a distance. She continued in the same manner upon opening the door for the UPS man and was very gracious, yet dignified. She wasn't acting- it was just who she was. I suppose seeing someone carry that presence while no one was watching(or so she thought) was very impressive to me.

This one moment taught me to preserve dignity in my own life even when others did not treat me with respect and to respond graciously as much as lies within me. This thread of dignity and grace sewn into my life has welded much in lifes many unfair battles. I would dare say it was the one thread that has not been unraveled as I have held onto it as one would hold onto their most precious possesion. This probably sounds like a silly little story to some of you, but this post by Miss Critter made me think of it again. Sometimes just one word of validation spoken in true sincerity can change someones life forever.

The woman I viewed from a distance as a teenager spoke truth of character without even opening her mouth.
 
Miss Critter I just watched the video. I had to get out the kleenex of course - and YES it made me smile.

Sometimes it is the small moments we share with others that can make our day good or bad - in the grocery line, in restaurants, even the lady or gent at the toll booth (they always seem to smile!)

One of the best short films I've seen btw. :clap:

THANKS for posting this - I am passing it on to others. :biggrin:

Beauty Hunter :wave:- wonderful story. Both your story and the film were a great way to start my day.

G
 
Gidget, I don't know what they put in the water in Louisiana, but you guys ought to bottle it and sell it. I have met some of the most awesome people from Louisiana!!! Your photo album is beautiful! Have a great one! :wave: Kat is also from Louisiana! She's sweeter than the pies she makes! :wave::wub:
 
Gidget, I don't know what they put in the water in Louisiana, but you guys ought to bottle it and sell it. I have met some of the most awesome people from Louisiana!!! Your photo album is beautiful! Have a great one! :wave: Kat is also from Louisiana! She's sweeter than the pies she makes! :wave::wub:

Thanks so much and :wave: right back at ya!

PIES you say? That sounds most interesting! ;-)

G
 
Miss Critter,

I validate your need for validation, but I'm not sitting through a 15 minute movie.

Smooches,

SWGB
 
MissCritter
You are Great!
You are Amaaazing!
Thank You I needed that.
:clap::bow::clap:
​
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top