• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

We need a local museum!

New posts
and it's a wonderful school....giving our kids a taste of what things used to be. Small and friendly:biggrin:

My son attends there, was apprehensive at first as he was at the Montessori School, even smaller and a lot more quiet. While he loved his old school, he has adjusted quite well. I really like the character of the old part of Bay with the wood walls. It is a very charming school. I think they did a great job with the addition. They will need more space as the growth of the school continues.
Beachmom, I thought your avatar was Pompano!:rolling:
 
I just figured out who you are. :biggrin:

Hint: my dad was a constable too. My parents were friends with your parents. And, because of our parents, we are both fortunate enough to live on the bay (though with taxes and insurance, it's harder for us than it was for them).

But I disagree about Bay Elementary. The sad truth is that, if it had closed, it would have fallen into disrepair as all the other old elementary schools throughout the county have. And, unlike the other old schools, I doubt they would have just turned over the keys to the community - the land is too valuable. Last I heard, there were around 300 kids there!

I think we need to list properties on the Historic Register before they are all gone. There aren't many left. I found the website for info:
http://www.cr.nps.gov/NR/listing.htm
It should protect them.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top