• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Welcome to America

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I think Trump is better as Benito...here he is after his meeting with the NYT and CNN
 

Attachments

  • Benito-Trump-Mussolini.jpg
    Benito-Trump-Mussolini.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 110
What I find to be ironic...no actually I don't...is the fact that there are riots about and public humiliation of, an incoming President. I remember distinctly in 2008 when our horribly racist country rioted endlessly because a black man was elected President...oh wait that never happened. And which party is intolerant?

Could you imagine the rhetoric if HRC won and white people rioted. Wow, how paethetic and Un-American would that have been? For the party of peace, diversity and love, all that most practical people see is a party of violence, bullying and intolerance. True colors. I didn't get my way because I couldn't motivate my own "people" enough to turn out for the landslide HRC victory, let's riot!. I know, I know, she won the popular vote, but lost by 60 in the electoral college. Which means, contrary to popular belief, people did cross party lines, just not the way the Dems wanted.

The "ribbon for 9th place" and "you are a winner and special" is very clearly on display here. It is just disgusting. I wasn't an Obama fan, but gave him a chance and guess what? He was okay (except for &^*&^)# Obamacare) Trump hasn't even taken office and we all know that there is only so much a President can do themselves. So give the guy a chance and then b**ch if you don't like what he does. I love the hypocrisy Republicans are fear and hate mongers....really? Trump is Stalin, Trump is Hitler and the guy hasn't served a day. Fear monger? Grab a mirror.

The consensus was HRC is a thug, an insider and the epitome of a bully. It wasn't a vote for Trump, it was a vote against HRC.
 
You are conviently forgetting the aftermath of the 2008 election and the following eight years. You are also failing to mention the 400 plus reported acts of violence by the winning side this election. The DOJ believes many more have gone unreported. Low information low educated voters are easily manipulated which is why Trump openly expressed his fondness for them.
 
It wasn't a vote for HRC, it was a vote against fear and hatred. I'd be even more afraid of what lies ahead if people merely sat back, "gave him a chance", and normalized his behavior. His pick for security adviser raises eyebrows, and his pick for attorney general is alarming. I can only imagine who his supreme court nominee will be. True he has walked back some of the campaign promises that appealed to the so-called alt-right that helped him get elected, but he is a pathological liar with no ideology of his own. I'm sure some will try to spin that as a positive. By the way, let's call the alt-right what they are. They are extreme white nationalists appropriately referred to as Nazis. That moment when Godel's law doesn't apply.
 
Last edited:
A message from Dan Rather. Stay vigilant.

Dan Rather sounds the alarm: 'Now is a time when none of us can afford to remain seated or silent'

In normal times of a transition in our presidency between an incoming and outgoing administration of differing political parties, there is a certain amount of fretting on one side and gloating on the other. And the press usually takes a stance that the new administration at least deserves to have a chance to get started - a honeymoon period. But these are not normal times. This is not about tax policy, health care, or education - even though all those and more are so important. This is about racism, bigotry, intimidation and the specter of corruption.

But as I stand I do not despair, because I believe the vast majority of Americans stand with me. To all those in Congress of both political parties, to all those in the press, to religious and civic leaders around the country. your voices must be heard. I hope that the President-elect can learn to rise above this and see the dangers that are brewing. If he does and speaks forcibly, and with action, we should be ready to welcome his voice. But of course I am deeply worried that his selections of advisors and cabinet posts suggests otherwise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top