• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Well Pump

New posts

EYE.SPY STAGING

Beach Comber
Can someone please tell me if a well pump runs continuously? We rent a home and cannot reach the owner/landlord (& just found out the house is in foreclosure). About a month ago a pipe busted in the well room and we replaced it. Since then, it seems that the well pump continues to run all the time. We have tried contacting the owner to ask him. Everything else seems to be fine with the pump...we are just wondering if we should call someone out to take a look or if this is normal. Thanks!
 
The pump is water logged. First turn off the power, then open the drain at the bottom of the tank. Then open the release valve at the top. Let all the water drain out, then shut both valves and restart the power. The tank should have about 30 pounds of air pressure to work properly. If you need further assistance, I am available to help. Walline Enterprises, LLC. PM for further info.
 
The pump is water logged. First turn off the power, then open the drain at the bottom of the tank. Then open the release valve at the top. Let all the water drain out, then shut both valves and restart the power. The tank should have about 30 pounds of air pressure to work properly. If you need further assistance, I am available to help. Walline Enterprises, LLC. PM for further info.

That's so nice to offer your services for free.
 
If the problem isn't fixed farely quickly, it will burn up the motor. Does my benevolence concern you?

There I was trying to compliment you.

redhotmama, I would call a qualified plumber or well specialist before I contacted this scheming opportunist.
 
There I was trying to compliment you.

redhotmama, I would call a qualified plumber or well specialist before I contacted this scheming opportunist.

Bit over the top don't you think? Considering I've been doing remodeling and maintaining rentals for over 20 years, and have 2 wells. Problems seem to arise at the most inconvienent times, and given the situation with the foreclosures, it is well advised to have a bit of information concerning such a thing. It's disaster to wake up in the morning and discover that you have no water!
 
Last edited:
We will check these things out! Thank you. And Florida Girl, thanks for the offer. I will keep your info handy if we cannot fix this problem! We actually did wake up to no water not too long ago...the pipe to the pump busted and water was EVERYWHERE! We replaced the pipe and since then we keep hearing the pump run.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top