• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Western Lake open?

New posts
Re: Western Lake

It's been closed since a week or so after Arlene. Although we have had some surf come over the berm at high tide.
 
Stallworth was open to a trickle last week. Lots of storm junk in that lake. I tripped on a board and it floated to the top and it had four huge nails sticking out of it. Wooo. Watch yo step!
 
Thanks for the update. I know the brown beach water in not pleasent for us tourist when it is open, but does it serve some benefits for the health of the lake or wildlife?
 
It does and it is much fun for the kiddies. They love it. They don't seem to care what color it is.

AtTheBeach62405a.jpg


But I also spent most of last week chasing toys that floated out into the gulf.
 
It has been open once or twice on previous trips. It was fun to paddle the canoe through the "shoot" and into the open Gulf. Four days and counting till we're back in paradise! :lol:
 
1 day for me! (weather permiting) See you there!! Although I am a little more cautious now that a couple people have said we have a bull shark in Western Lake ... watch the tootsies : )
 
cassie said:
1 day for me! (weather permiting) See you there!! Although I am a little more cautious now that a couple people have said we have a bull shark in Western Lake ... watch the tootsies : )
For clarification, I am not saying a bull shark is swimming in Western Lake. I am saying it is possible for one, or more, to be in there. Last year, a local surfer, to whom the newspaper referred as a reliable source, reported seeing a Bull Shark in Western Lake.
 
Hey man, if a local of a reliable source says they saw one, that's good enough proof for me ; )
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top