• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What airport do we use?

New posts
If you're looking to book a Delta flight, check the flight numbers carefully. The area airports are served by a mix of Delta- the parent company proper (pretty much midpack in terms of large airline quality) and Delta's commuter service (at one time named Satan's Commuter Airline by a major American custmer service survey)

As you might guess, I'd suggest avioding Delta's commuter flights altogether. Delta's also prone to more flight delays than other area carriers, probably because of congestion problems at their Atlanta hub.
Well there's not a lot of other choices. I will say this tho, when I fly Delta, I NEVER check my luggage. Always carry on. I've missed too many connecting flights because of flight delays, or my luggage has been lost.
 
We're from Chicago area too. We use VPS, PFN, and sometimes PNS.
We've never flown out of Midway, only ORD. And almost always Delta thru Atlanta. Occasionally NW Air from Ord/Mem/VPS.

This makes me wonder...when was the last time you were here, Johnrudy? Shouldn't you be making reservations?
 
Well there's not a lot of other choices. I will say this tho, when I fly Delta, I NEVER check my luggage. Always carry on. I've missed too many connecting flights because of flight delays, or my luggage has been lost.

Delta's luggage problem usually happens when you connect through Atlanta and one flight is Delta Connection (commuter) and the other is Delta proper. More than one Delta baggage service agent has told me, after I lost a bag, that they don't do a good job of getting bags back and forth between commuters and big Delta. My formerly chronic bag problem with them got much better after I started making sure my connections through Atlanta were at least 90 minutes.
 
Delta's luggage problem usually happens when you connect through Atlanta and one flight is Delta Connection (commuter) and the other is Delta proper. More than one Delta baggage service agent has told me, after I lost a bag, that they don't do a good job of getting bags back and forth between commuters and big Delta. My formerly chronic bag problem with them got much better after I started making sure my connections through Atlanta were at least 90 minutes.
Yes, I book a minimum of 90 min. between flights in Atlanta. Sometimes it still dosen't help.
 
There just aren't enough months in the year. :( No free time for ME.


JohnRudy, I am shocked to my very core! Please tell me that I am reading you wrong. Are you saying that you no longer have any free time for SoWal? You've turned into an armchair SoWaller? No time for the real thing? :eek: Don't you love the feel of SoWal sand between your toes any more? :(

JohnRudy, tell me, please tell me that SoWal will be in your 2007 plans. Otherwise I shall be disallusioned about you.
 
JohnRudy, I am shocked to my very core! Please tell me that I am reading you wrong. Are you saying that you no longer have any free time for SoWal? You've turned into an armchair SoWaller? No time for the real thing? :eek: Don't you love the feel of SoWal sand between your toes any more? :(

JohnRudy, tell me, please tell me that SoWal will be in your 2007 plans. Otherwise I shall be disallusioned about you.
Oh, it's always in my plans. I DREAM of the beach. It's my "quiet place" as Dr. Phil would say. We always try to plan something. Now, it's college visits on a lot of upcoming 3 day holidays. However, I have blocked off time on all of our calendars for the first week that school is out for summer. Before band camps, music camps.

Not to mention I just got an email from my boss about 2 minutes ago wondering where some of the work is (hey, I chose to NOT work over the weekend!) and I'm about to quit my friggin' job in the next 2 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: Holy sh*t I'm pi$$ed
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top