• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What America does best today

New posts
I didn't notice that this was in the real estate section until I opened the link. I was very disappointed--I thought it was about s/d/c(and the other s!)
 

The more tragic stories are still to unfold - I heard recently on NPR that the City of Baltimore is suing Wells Fargo Bank (I think that is name of Bank) because of gross negligence and fiscal irresponsibility, granting loans to African Americans at higher interest rates than comparable whites, but mostly for facilitating unqualified buyers' desires to own and own and own. Baltimore now has one of the highest markets for foreclosure AND finds itself robbed of much needed property taxes, etc, etc... and now they have programs and projects that are stalled and delayed with much less than projected $$ coming in and they are suing....
 
The more tragic stories are still to unfold - I heard recently on NPR that the City of Baltimore is suing Wells Fargo Bank (I think that is name of Bank) because of gross negligence and fiscal irresponsibility, granting loans to African Americans at higher interest rates than comparable whites, but mostly for facilitating unqualified buyers' desires to own and own and own. Baltimore now has one of the highest markets for foreclosure AND finds itself robbed of much needed property taxes, etc, etc... and now they have programs and projects that are stalled and delayed with much less than projected $$ coming in and they are suing....

The city of Cleveland is suing 21 banks and lenders over the subprime mess: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/12/us/12cleveland.html


/

Australia produced and excellent(!) documentary in September (right after the subprime mess came to a head) on the US Subprime Meltdown which highlighted the city of Cleveland: http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2007/20070917_subprime/interviews.htm

In the link to the documentary, the interview with Satyajit Das (author of an excellent book, Traders, Guns & Money) is well worth the price of admission.


.
.
 
Last edited:
The city of Cleveland is suing 21 banks and lenders over the subprime mess: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/12/us/12cleveland.html


/

Australia produced and excellent(!) documentary in September (right after the subprime mess came to a head) on the US Subprime Meltdown which highlighted the city of Cleveland: http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2007/20070917_subprime/interviews.htm

In the link to the documentary, the interview with Satyajit Das (author of an excellent book, Traders, Guns & Money) is well worth the price of admission.


.
.

Figures I am way way behind you!! But thanks for those links - I am going to check them out!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top