• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What if D&K's .....

New posts
Please don't open again what you closed with, the food and service the last 2 times we were there was not good. If you try anything bring back the old D&K's. I assume people that are contributing to this email are living in the past not what you closed with.


Anyone who goes to a restaurant and has bad service and does not bring it to the attention of the manager/owner has no one to blame but themselves. Any establishment worth a hoot will make any wrongs right. If they don't, they will eventually fail. SoWal has to many places to eat to have one with bad service. You would have to blame yourself for being quiet, TWICE.

My experience with D&K's was nothing but outstanding! Hopefully by my next trip, the little hole in the wall will be up and running. :D
 
I never had the chance to go to D&K's when it was open so it would be quite a treat to see how some of the food is if you opened back up or still deliver certain things.
 
Ohhh elliedog I am so very sorry you had bad food and service twice! I wish you had told us about this immediately. Is there anything I can do to make up for it now. I can deliver you a Key Lime Pie or two. Is there something else that you really love?

Please PM me where you live and I will deliver when you are in town!!! Again, we really really apologize for the bad experiences. I feel so bad about this.
:( Kat
.
Katz,
I may have just become too jaded by the message board trolls and people with "agendas" but I certainly wouldn't give much credence to elliedog's post. If it is a legitimate complaint, then he/she needs to rethink the way to go about expressing it.

.
 
Last edited:
It was fine before

what an awesome idea! an eat-in hole in the wall, or a carry-out hole in the wall? either would be wonderful . . . please keep us all posted on your plans!! maybe another little house like your former place (now cafe tango)? or a place like cocoon's?? NEITHER of which are holes in the wall, by the way! we need another family-friendly place, especially if it includes doug's cooking and your pies!! :biggrin:

The way it was BEFORE it was remodeled.
 
Didn't there used to be a deli or something right there in Grayton Corners by the Grayton General store? It may be open and I just haven't noticed...
 
Kat, I always had very good service and food when we came to D&K's. Now, I think if you opend something small with Po-Boys, Gumbo, Key Lime Pie, maybe some bread pudding, and stuff for kids, open air type, it would be a hit!!!

I will always follow you and Doug, at any location you guys open.
 
Kat, I always had very good service and food when we came to D&K's. Now, I think if you opend something small with Po-Boys, Gumbo, Key Lime Pie, maybe some bread pudding, and stuff for kids, open air type, it would be a hit!!!

I will always follow you and Doug, at any location you guys open.

Thank you so much bbb....who knows? :idontno:
Maybe one day.

:wub: Kat
 
Ohhh elliedog I am so very sorry you had bad food and service twice! I wish you had told us about this immediately. Is there anything I can do to make up for it now. I can deliver you a Key Lime Pie or two. Is there something else that you really love?

Please PM me where you live and I will deliver when you are in town!!! Again, we really really apologize for the bad experiences. I feel so bad about this.
:( Kat

don't even think twice about that particular kind of post Kat. I sincerely doubt that anyone with good taste in food or otherwise would ever have made such a comment on a public forum. :wave:
 
Last edited:
I would love some of that delicious shrimp salad with dill for supper tonight...and a cranberry muffin for dessert...and a taste or two of my husband's slice of keylime pie!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top