• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What is the Problem with WPGX?

New posts

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Seriously, what is the problem with WPGX? They have been freezing up for years now. Right now they have been frozen for over three hours, and it seems to be a daily occurrence.

All the other channels are working fine. It is not the cable company (I have Cox), because my neighbors with Dish or Direct say WPGX (and ONLY WPGX) is frozen for them as well. And does so daily. Sometimes for 30 -40 minutes...sometimes for hours on end (like right now).

What happens with those of you watching it on Mediacom around 30-A? Any better? Or does it freeze for you too?
 
Missing your Glee fix? :lol:

Just checked it on DirecTV and it looks OK.
 
Doing it again. Been doing it off and on all day. Plus several times over the last few weeks--typically once or twice a day for an hour or so, although sometimes it goes on for as much as 24 hours or so.

Am I the only one seeing it?

I have called the station repeatedly about it...I rarely actually get a human (other than a receptionist) but when I do the person tries to blame it on an upstream feed. I would be willing to accept that, except that I find it hard to believe than an upstream feed (which, presumably, is feeding multiple stations) has not received a significant number of complaints from all their downstream stations.

But, then again, I find it amazing that WPGX's engineers have not been able to fix this problem for the last several years.
 
Right now they are pulling a new one. They are broadcasting simultaneously in both English and Spanish. But only the shows themselves. They are managing to do the commercials correctly.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top