• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What is this?

New posts
Sowal isn't THAT bad! I don't think the chaos, confusion, or dissention level is that high at all. Some growing pains due to rapid development. Some of the politics and issues I dealt with back home were much worse.

Saw one of these "canal front" lots on MLS w/ realtors boasting that you could boat to the bay and the blue bar! My personal on site assessment was that I couldn't boat so much as pull a JC and practically walk across the less than pristine water!
 
Sowal isn't THAT bad! I don't think the chaos, confusion, or dissention level is that high at all. Some growing pains due to rapid development. Some of the politics and issues I dealt with back home were much worse.

:clap: I agree.

Count me in the Happy to be Here group.
 
Sowal isn't THAT bad! I don't think the chaos, confusion, or dissention level is that high at all. Some growing pains due to rapid development. Some of the politics and issues I dealt with back home were much worse.

Saw one of these "canal front" lots on MLS w/ realtors boasting that you could boat to the bay and the blue bar! My personal on site assessment was that I couldn't boat so much as pull a JC and practically walk across the less than pristine water!

I suppose it depends on what you compare it with. Maybe where you were, but not where I was. I had certain family members now deceased that thoroughly enjoyed getting a fight going, then sitting back watching with glee! I don't care to live that kind of life. I also know of a 10 acre lot in the middle of nowhere that does have it own boat launch and access to the bay, some distance from it.
 
I was thinking you might know more as I was typing but didn't expect an answer so soon. Can you tell us more? I'm also interested to know why the southern portion in that view was untouched.

I didn't know that mosqitos could breed in saltwater.

Actually, the water in the canals is more fresh than salt. It drains from the land. In fact, the bay at one time had more fresh water than salt, but when the canal was opened by a hurricane at East Pass in Destin, then a considerable amount more salt water entered into the bay.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top