• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What phone book do you keep?

New posts
Bump this one up. I would like more opinions iff possible. We have to be careful to see what advertising works for small businesses.

Carry on!
I strongly feel that the little SoWal telephone books benefits the local, small businesses. It helps people who don't live down here full time to find services and establishments that are nearby. When I look at the Ft. Walton/Destin or PCB "big books," I get frustrated because I spend all of my time figuring out what is nearby. And I'm in Walton County at least 25 times a year, so I'd say I'm pretty familiar with the place. I can't imagine being a newbie and trying to find something nearby in the big books -- I mean, they don't know the names of the streets down here, don't know that "Santa Rosa" is the name of most of the area (heck, at first I thought it meant Santa Rosa County!). The little book helps me find, say, the Grayton Beach hardware store or a local carpet cleaning service when I could have never found that in the big books. I also think that the big books tend to make people go to establishments with which they're familiar ... which leads them to Destin or PCB instead of the local businesses.
 
Thanks for all of your responses. I also prefer the independent "Gordie" book and will increase my ad in that one. The Embarq little book is my second choice but I may not sign up for it this year as it is very expensive and probably doesn't do me much good anyway.
 
Thanks for all of your responses. I also prefer the independent "Gordie" book and will increase my ad in that one. The Embarq little book is my second choice but I may not sign up for it this year as it is very expensive and probably doesn't do me much good anyway.

Just an FYI, please don't use door flyers or refrigerator magnets. These just get thrown away as we don't appreciate them cluttering our rentals. I know you guys haven't done it, but others have.
 
I keep the South Walton Telephone Directory (the little Gordie book...duh) I don't even open the rest of them....the go in the trash. When I need to look up something that isn't in that book...I go to the web.

I can't even keep a supply here at the gallery.....I try...everyone wants two, one for their home here and one for their home elsewhere. I also keep a copy in my car.

It's the ONLY telephone Gordie and I have ever advertised in and will continue to do so.

L
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top