• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

what the BUG?!

New posts

DaYoungnickis

Beach Comber
I just moved here and have a deep love for our beaches here. Last month was my first month and I never encountered flies on the beach, starting in September I have been getting eaten alive! I noticed they are red little flies, they don't look like mosquitos. What are these little guys and what months are they prevalent on the beach? They are a "beach!"
 
They are blood flies and will drain a human in minutes. If the dune snakes and dune Lake Gators don't get you first.
 
Never seen red flies.

We have yellow flies this time of year along with black flies that are driven down by northern winds. Both will bite veraciously.
 
Black flies bite. Yellow flies sting. Flesh eating bacteria infest local waters as do those little razor fish that swim up your genital tubes.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top