• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What to put in Renters' Welcome Folder?

New posts

Mermaid

picky
I'm trying to think of what to put in a notebook for renters. For all the years we've rented, most owners put out a handy little guide full of local info. I've always appreciated that, but to tell you the truth, once we've left the beach, what's IN the book just flies out of my head! I could use some advice.

Here's what I've thought of so far, items to put in a three-ring binder:

- Welcome note. Do we give out info about ourselves or do we just say "welcome to the beach?"

- Instruction manuals for all the appliances

- The beach warnings that have the crab on them

- Menu guides

- Tourist info

Have I overlooked anything? Help!
 
We rent in Seagrove every year. And at least once, the power goes out. It would be helpful to have some type of phone list that might have all local emergency numbers on it. Power, telephone, gas, police and even number for the rental agency and after hours number. (Once I get there, I never know where I put my rental agreement.) Hope this helps
 
Mermaid said:
I'm trying to think of what to put in a notebook for renters. For all the years we've rented, most owners put out a handy little guide full of local info. I've always appreciated that, but to tell you the truth, once we've left the beach, what's IN the book just flies out of my head! I could use some advice.

Here's what I've thought of so far, items to put in a three-ring binder:

- Welcome note. Do we give out info about ourselves or do we just say "welcome to the beach?"

- Instruction manuals for all the appliances

- The beach warnings that have the crab on them

- Menu guides

- Tourist info

Have I overlooked anything? Help!

There is already a great thread started on this subject, filled with ideas. Do a search for it, probably in the rentals thread?:idontno: PM Donna, and I bet she can tell you where the thread is located.

Be sure to include info regarding protecting the dune areas.
 
I know which thread you mean; I think Paula started it. It's all about general hints. I guess I'm kind of anal-retentive because I want some specific info! Call it a first-time owner's over-enthusiasm...sorry! :idontno: I just want to get everything right.
 
This is why I ask so many questions here. No matter what it is, I get lots of good info...and quick, too! Thanks everyone. Lots of good reading for me here. ;-)
 
Just for you Mermaid (well, ok, and for me, and anybody else who wants it), I whipped up a printable SoWal Visitors Guide tonight that contains info from the forum and many other sources. (Big props to Paula). Check the new thread for the link ot the PDF. It's rough for now, in that there's more to be added. The info in there now should be accurate though. Check it out and let me know what else it should contain...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top