• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What will the Fed do ?

New posts
An "insurance policy" to ward off a recession induced by the housing malaise and the on again off again credit crunch.
 
.25% will save us?

How does making the dollar even weaker prevent a recession? :idontno:

I miss the days when Europe was cheap and the pound was only $1.65!
 
That brings the cuts so far to .75%. With maybe more to come. This is an extremely complex topic to discuss in a few sentences on a message board. Who knows if they will be successful.....we are in extremely deep doo doo for a whole host of reasons.
 
The Fed is going to bow to Wall Street until equities collapse, then they'll raise by pointing to inflation. Bernanke is trying to prevent panic, but he's boxed by housing, war driven debt, and dollar/OPEC pricing. I'm buying MREs, and AK ammunition, right Shellster?
 
I'm buying MREs, and AK ammunition, right Shellster?


.....and tin foil hats--don't forget the tin foil hats!!

foilhat.jpg



.
 
sold some of my dogs today.......I am surprised that the mkt actually rallied 140 pts. Probably because of the end of the mutual fund fiscal year. I will ride a few more days to see how the mkt behaves before hedging fully.

Are you putting all the money in SH?
 
I have never traded SH. When I hedge I usually sell SPY's short. I will check out the SH though to see if that makes more sense. I am a creature of habit but I am not afraid to experiment with new stuff. I always second guess myself when I do put spreads so I go the easy route selling SPY's short.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top