• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What will the Fed do ?

New posts
Crap, he's back!!! :angry:

While some members of sowal might be overbearing, it does not mean that Ron Paul himself is not speaking the truth. No other politicians are speaking to the dilution(inflation) of the dollar by the Fed. The Fed is definitely between a rock and a hard place.

Remember, a definition of inflation is "too many dollars chasing too few goods". Have you all not noticed the sharp rise, this year, for goods across the board? This is the flip side of easy credit/low interest rates.

And now: http://www.currencytrading.net/2007...g-abandoning-the-us-dollar-and-what-it-means/
 
Sorry, factfinder made me jumpy about people suddenly posting answers to my questions that were youtube clips involving Ron Paul!

I don't ever watch clips, but written articles are good!
 
They are going to raise them 1/4 point.
 
Bernanke responded, in essence, that the weak dollar won't be a problem for the vast majority of Americans because they spend their money in the US anyway.

I guess I don't understand this at all. :confused:
Don't the vast majority of Americans spend their money on stuff that is either manufactured out of the country, or has a significant oil input (transportation, plastic, fertilzer, etc.) somewhere along the line? :confused:

Isn't a weak dollar inflationary? :confused:

Am I missing something? :idontno:
 
I guess I don't understand this at all. :confused:
Don't the vast majority of Americans spend their money on stuff that is either manufactured out of the country, or has a significant oil input (transportation, plastic, fertilzer, etc.) somewhere along the line? :confused:

Isn't a weak dollar inflationary? :confused:

Am I missing something? :idontno:

No looking behind the curtain at the "real" Great & Powerful Oz! ;-)
 
I guess I don't understand this at all. :confused:
Don't the vast majority of Americans spend their money on stuff that is either manufactured out of the country, or has a significant oil input (transportation, plastic, fertilzer, etc.) somewhere along the line? :confused:

Isn't a weak dollar inflationary? :confused:

Am I missing something? :idontno:
Most of my money goes to my made in America mortgage, my American made vehicle, food grown here in the USA (not arguing the quantity of petroleum used to produce it). I buy books published here. I absolutely don't make a point of buying domestic anything, I may get a toyota truck next time, my plates I eat off of may be leaded :blink:..but the overwhelming majority of the money I spend stays here. I buy a tv every three years made in Korea maybe, my kitchen gadgets--China. All of it makes up a rather miniscule portion of my outlay and upkeep.
 
While some members of sowal might be overbearing, it does not mean that Ron Paul himself is not speaking the truth. No other politicians are speaking to the dilution(inflation) of the dollar by the Fed. The Fed is definitely between a rock and a hard place.

Remember, a definition of inflation is "too many dollars chasing too few goods". Have you all not noticed the sharp rise, this year, for goods across the board? This is the flip side of easy credit/low interest rates.

And now: http://www.currencytrading.net/2007...g-abandoning-the-us-dollar-and-what-it-means/
Amazingly food and energy are not worthy of measurement for core inflation. Makes you proud of our democracy, doesn't it?
 
I guess I don't understand this at all. :confused:
Don't the vast majority of Americans spend their money on stuff that is either manufactured out of the country, or has a significant oil input (transportation, plastic, fertilzer, etc.) somewhere along the line? :confused:

Isn't a weak dollar inflationary? :confused:

Am I missing something? :idontno:

When the "Dollar Tree" becomes the "Dollar-Fifty Tree" then folks will understand.


.
 
I watched Bernanke's appearance before the committee today. Ron Paul really laid it on the line. Bernanke responded, in essence, that the weak dollar won't be a problem for the vast majority of Americans because they spend their money in the US anyway. Interesting to note how Bernanke rubbed his nose after his response to the Paul's comments (seen at the end of the above clip)--which in body language-speak is a sign of "rejection, doubt or lying." I'll take that as a "tell" as to what is really going on in his mind.

.
Are you a poker player or a day trader?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top