• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What's Going On At Eastern Lake

New posts
All I can say is "Jeez what idiots"! Who the %$&^%$ do they think they are?

But - we are the idiots that let them live so close to the water. :roll:
 
If the DEP is unable to prevent destruction of dunes within the coastal construction zone, what exactly do they do?

Also, anybody know where I can buy some of that water-retaining gel the Dune Doctor refers to in the article above?
 
Last edited:
lenzoe said:
If the DEP is unable to prevent destruction of dunes within the coastal construction zone, what exactly do they do?

I believe the answer would be - "count our money". :(
 
One of the beach service guys said that newly created sand berm caused the waves and outflow to move farther to the west, causing damage on that side - seen here:

050612-arlene-183.jpg
 
kurt said:
One of the beach service guys said that newly created sand berm caused the waves and outflow to move farther to the west, causing damage on that side - seen here:

050612-arlene-183.jpg
Can you say "lawsuit?"
 
Hmmm, my husband and I looked at the picture and couldn't figure out what the lawsuit could be... what would the problem be? Thanks.
 
Paula said:
Hmmm, my husband and I looked at the picture and couldn't figure out what the lawsuit could be... what would the problem be? Thanks.
If the addition of the sand on the east side of the outflow caused the outflow to move even farther west, eventually taking out the house in the photo, I think the owners who dumped the sand could be liable. I am not an attorney, but I think they would have a good case.
 
Actually...Eastern Lake was 'headed West' long before the sand got moved...otherwise those people wouldn't have had a place to put the sand...cause where they put it is approximately where Eastern Lake formerly emptied into the Gulf.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top