• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

where can I buy specialty items?

New posts

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
I need enoki mushrooms and dried kelp for a Korean recipe I've been dying to try. Where can I buy this stuff?
 
I need enoki mushrooms and dried kelp for a Korean recipe I've been dying to try. Where can I buy this stuff?

For the enoki, like S.J said; see Ed at For the Health of It in B.M.B. He might be able to help you source the kelp as well. If that it a no go, try an asian market in P.C or F.W.B. Maybe Fresh Market in Destin??
 
For Asian specialty markets, there's a surprisingly big Asian population in FWB (lots of military brides) I can think of of Asian food stores on Racetrack Rd., Beal Pkwy, just off Mary Esther Cutoff (it's the same turn off as Bob's Bikes) and I think Lewis Turner.

I think the Thai place on Racetrack is the biggest of them.
 
The Asian grocery on Racetrack in FWB has EVERYTHING.
 
For the health of it is your best local source for the kelp... and the enoki are sold all over the place including publix. (When in season)The Thai market in FWB is cool, but their fresh produce is well... lacking at best and down right stinky sometimes.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top