• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Where does the greed end?

New posts

carson

Beach Fanatic
It pains me to post this, especially in light of post hurricane and the real issues..but this really pissed me off "what the market will bear" mentality on 30a is reaching a whole new level. I went into the Donut Hut this AM and four kolaches and one donut was $33. But then again their pizza place for a slice and a drink is $12.

A lady (for her students) was buying 50 glazed donuts.....discount? Of course! It was only a hundred and something dollars. I know, I know, labor is crazy expensive, but a donut is flour, water, oil and sugar. The cost to make a glazed donut is 12 cents.

Does it end? It does with me. Brozinni, Donut Hut and Big Daddy, you can keep it, I ain't taking it anymore.
 
You can always go to the Wheelhouse and get a great breakfast for $4.50...Oops, wrong decade...
 
Just FYI...yesterday we had a crew bring relief supplies and food out to Indian Pass. Through social media, someone at Inlet Beach Donut Hole found out about the trip out there, called and gave us 20 DOZEN FREE donuts to bring along. That was a nice gesture, to be sure.
 
It pains me to post this, especially in light of post hurricane and the real issues..but this really pissed me off "what the market will bear" mentality on 30a is reaching a whole new level. I went into the Donut Hut this AM and four kolaches and one donut was $33. But then again their pizza place for a slice and a drink is $12.

A lady (for her students) was buying 50 glazed donuts.....discount? Of course! It was only a hundred and something dollars. I know, I know, labor is crazy expensive, but a donut is flour, water, oil and sugar. The cost to make a glazed donut is 12 cents.

Does it end? It does with me. Brozinni, Donut Hut and Big Daddy, you can keep it, I ain't taking it anymore.
Maybe , someone made a mistake when ringing you up. On their website it says the koloaches are $3.75 and most of the donuts are 1.99. You can always go to the five daughters airstream and pay $5.00 for one donut. Now that is crazy.
 
Let's say thanks to all the restaurants and staff who have helped feed those in need. Go to their places and enjoy a meal with a warm heart and cold cash.
 
It pains me to post this, especially in light of post hurricane and the real issues..but this really pissed me off "what the market will bear" mentality on 30a is reaching a whole new level. I went into the Donut Hut this AM and four kolaches and one donut was $33. But then again their pizza place for a slice and a drink is $12.

A lady (for her students) was buying 50 glazed donuts.....discount? Of course! It was only a hundred and something dollars. I know, I know, labor is crazy expensive, but a donut is flour, water, oil and sugar. The cost to make a glazed donut is 12 cents.

Does it end? It does with me. Brozinni, Donut Hut and Big Daddy, you can keep it, I ain't taking it anymore.
Be careful mentioning Brozinnis. Mr Brozinni is known for going postal when criticized.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top