Dawn really? Can you not figure out who I had this conversation with by going to the SOE website and looking at who didn't qualify because she didn't have the signatures needed to get on the ballot? Please...use a little of your own common sense. It's not rocket science.
This isn't rumor, this is not innuendo, I had the conversation with this woman! I know I had the conversation with her! Not with someone else with her.
You are so quick to dispute most any comments I make here or play moderator without checking your own resources first. Do us both a favor and please get your facts straight! Thank you.
What is an SOE website? Half of what you post is completely cryptic and confusing. Why wouldn't you just post the info instead of trying to be so sneaky? Just post plain english and post what you mean and mean what you post! And repeating something a third party said is called hearsay and not allowed on this site. And even if it was, it is considered of no value unless you have complete credibility. Which you don't.
I'm not defending anypone, but many times the admins on this site have asked for all members to be self moderating each other which means you should back off on the every-other-post-axe-grinding. And telling someone to use the ignore feature is not good manners.
Thank you for pointing this out. Your post is perfectly accurate, as I was at this meeting too. Since the ordinance was not tabled, there wasn't much discussion.The vote that you are referring to was not actually on customary use, it was on the amended beach ordinance to remove all ropes, chains, signs, etc. As I understood Mr. Imfeld and Mr. Chapman, their no votes were not against customary use at all, but they did not want to be crosswise with the law (FL statutes and more) regarding owner's rights to post their property against trespassing. They actually proposed some options to the wording that created the issues, but were voted down. Many people have interpreted their votes on the ordinance as a vote against customary use, but it was clear at the meeting (yes, I was in attendance) that the vote was not about customary use at all. I can; however, understand how the amended ordinance appears to be a pre-cursor to the customary use case that is likely to weave its way through the court system over the next several (or many) years at great taxpayer cost.